Tinnitus After Anxiety, Ear Infection and Sensorineural Hearing Loss (SSNHL)

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Void, Mar 1, 2022.

1. Void

Void Member

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sensoneural hearing loss
      Hi!

I don't know where to start. I've been suffering with moderate to severe tinnitus for the past 2 years. It started with anxiety, then got worse from an ear infection, and then found out I have high frequency mild to moderate sensorineural hearing loss.

My ENT basically told me there is nothing we can do. I have tried literally just about everything. The only thing that helps is violet noise and just trying to ignore it but it's SO hard when it's this loud.

Well I don't know really what I expect to get from this group but I guess it's time to join the community as I'm pretty sure I'm stuck with this for good. Everyday is a struggle.

2. RadioKid722
      Wishful

RadioKid722 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/22/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Medication
      Hi there.

I'm so sorry that you are suffering. I am relatively new to tinnitus but it can be unbearable at times.

Have you tried talking to your doctor about medications? A lot of people have found relief with low doses of Klonopin, and severe cases add Gabapentin. It seems to take the edge off and the volume down, and helps with anxiety.

You could also try intratympanic steroid injections. It probably won't have an effect since it's been 2 years since the onset, but it couldn't hurt.

Is the tinnitus in one ear or both?