Tinnitus After Labyrinthitis

Discussion in 'Support' started by Skynet5, Apr 10, 2019.

1. Skynet5

Skynet5 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Labyrinthitis
      Hi all.

New member here.

I had vertigo pretty bad for a few days. Couldn't walk. Followed by quite a few days of dizzy spells. Didn't drive for 2 weeks.

Day 1 (beginning of March) was emergency doc visit who said it was labyrinthitis. I don't recall being ill beforehand.

Anyway 2 weeks ago (3 weeks after Day 1) I started to get the ringing sound in my ears. Some days it's low, some days it's pretty obvious through out the day.

Went to the doctor's again last Friday. She was nice, just said it's early days for labyrinthitis recovery and not to worry. I worry as my balance is fine now... but my ears whine at me :-(

Anyway. That's me.

Any advice or guidance for a newbie appreciated. I'm hoping it fades, but I feel like it's coming and going and the worst levels aren't coming down. If I wake up and it's bad. It's bad for the day.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    2. cry_of_the_w1nd
      Blah

cry_of_the_w1nd Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/19
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sinus Infection
      hey there I'm battling with labyrinthis right now, I had it once in december and it went away but came back two weeks later. this time its taking a lot longer to get better. I'm about to hit the 3 month mark. although i can drive and goto the store now im still dealing with some leftover dizziness/brainfog/and oddly my tinnitus only began two weeks ago. I took another throat swab because my throat still has bumps so im thinking my case might be bacterial(tested positive for strep a month ago).

From all the success stories I've seen the sooner you start pushing yourself to do things that seem uncomfortable and doing vestibular therapy everyday at least 3 times, the sooner you rebuild neural pathways. I know what you mean though. I also feel like my good days are getting less good. But theres a lot of success stories on youtube. There is hope. It takes time though to get to 95-100%

I found a lot of hope yesterday by watching success stories on youtube. I was losing all hope and joy, but slowly starting to do the things I love just laying off alchohol, caffeine and high sodium.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Skynet5

Skynet5 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Labyrinthitis
      Still got the ringing. It's actually the fullness in my ears which is the biggest distraction.

Not in a good place at the mo. It feels like this is permanent.

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. ThorOdinson

ThorOdinson Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Likely Labyrinthitis
      When does the ringing start when you have Labyrinthitis? I had one instance of vertigo on December 13th and then sometime in late December I noticed that I had tinnitus. Still not sure what I have so I have several appointments to test my hearing and balance, etc.