Tinnitus After Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine, Made Worse by Moderna Omicron Variant Booster

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by FeelTheSilence, Nov 6, 2022.

1. FeelTheSilence

FeelTheSilence Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      COVID-19 Vaccine
      Being a 67-year-old naturopathic doctor with serious immune system and respiratory diseases I was looking forward to getting vaccinated against COVID-19. My 1st Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine gave me moderate shushing sounding tinnitus that finally resolved into being so mild that I was usually unaware of it.

My 2nd vaccine plus the 2 boosters, all Pfizer, had no side affects nor did they affect my tinnitus.

Last week I took the Moderna Omicron Variant booster and it caused my tinnitus to get so much worse. No telling if it's because of the BA variants' antigen change or because it was a different manufacturer's formula but I now have a loud very high pitched ringing in addition to the shushing sound which is also louder. This is so much louder that it's brought me to tears more than once wondering how on earth I can possibly learn to cope. I'm still trying to learn new ways to go to sleep and just function with it. Life is very different and hard.

Being an NMD, I used relaxation techniques and anti-inflammatory supplements before, which of course I'm using again, but I'm here to learn from all of you veterans. What I found helpful here is so much more than your information sharing, it's your dogged courage, strength, and determination. Your stories give me so much emotional support it's made a difference in my confidence to be able to handle this. Thank you for posting for sharing and being honest. Thank you. Thank you. --Kat

Please don't comment to lecture or troll about vaccines.

• Hug Hug x 3
    2. benjd2016
      Irritated

benjd2016 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      May
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Please get on to steroids ASAP. This is a sign of cochleopathy. Tell your doctor that Prednisone is the only thing that works.

3. Blackbird1016

Blackbird1016 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music Festival
      I feel like the vaccine-induced tinnitus should be more easily resolvable than other forms. You know what caused it, that's a good start, and it's probably inflammation from various aspects of the vaccine. So the anti-inflammatory approach is good. You could try to get a round of Prednisone just to see if it does anything. They may prescribe it to you.

Additionally, and I don't know too much about this, but there are ways to detox from the vaccines and there is information out there on that if you look which might help your tinnitus.

Hope you feel better soon.

4. Leila
      Daring

Leila Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      1 chiropractic treatment, 2 and 3 no cause
      Hello @FeelTheSilence,

I'm sorry to hear that something you did in hope of protecting yourself left you with severe tinnitus as a side effect. There have been lots of similar threads since the beginning of the vaccine distribution. Some people recovered after a couple of weeks but, unfortunately, there were just as many who weren't so lucky. I hope you'll be one of the lucky ones and that whatever is causing your tinnitus will go away with a bit of time.

I know how hard it is to live with tinnitus, especially in the beginning. Please don't wait too long to seek help because the advice @benjd2016 and @Blackbird1016 have given you is solid but Prednisone e.g. ought to be administered as early as possible.

As a naturopathic doctor you may have prescribed healing clay to your patience before. Zeolite and lots of spring water e.g. help me take the edge of a bad spike but this is just me and one of my ways of dealing with my non-vaccine-related tinnitus and hyperacusis. Have a look around the "vaccine threads" to find out what worked or didn't for other people in your situation.

I wish you the best of luck and hope that in a couple of weeks or months time you won't have a reason to check in with out anymore! Until then, try to distract yourself with a background noise you can handle and don't focus too much on your tinnitus noise because the more attention you pay it the louder it gets. If you have the option, go outside and take some nature walks. When my tinnitus is really bad, keeping busy and being outside gives me a lot of comfort.

Leila

• Friendly Friendly x 1