Tinnitus After Stress. Will It Go Away?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by peacefulmind, May 17, 2016.

1. peacefulmind

peacefulmind Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Maybe Stress
      Hi everyone. Excuse me for my weak English. I had tinnitsus now for 4 months, it starts after one month and a half of extreme stress and fear. A gp told me that it would go away because i have everything ok with my ears. My T is mild, just hear it in the night and complete silent places. It doesn't bother me a lot. What do you think? Will it go away? And what about stress-induced tinnitus? Thank you so much for your replies.

2. Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Hello Peacefulmind
      can you elaborate a little bit more?
      is it both ears?
      no noise exposure in the last week?
      no medication in the last weeks?
      did it happend overnight?
      how long have you been dealing with stress?

3. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi Peacefulmind ,
      I think when your stress is under control your tinnitus should fade away.
      I asume you have had your ears checked for wax and hearing test ?......lots of love glynis

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      peacefulmind

peacefulmind Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Maybe Stress
      can you elaborate a little bit more?
      - Yes, i had a strong stress and fear for a month and a half, then i felt like a pressure in my head in the back of my head exactely, and in the left and right side, it was like "tension headache" after that i woke up one morning and i listened to a very weak ringing like it was in my right ear, but after that i realized that it was in my head not my right ear. It is in my head, but when i plug my both ears i listen to it in the right more than in the left, but it is hearable in both ears, i can figure that it is in my head. I visit many ENTs and all the same thing, done many audiograms, temponigrams. i don't have a anyproblem in my ears.

no noise exposure in the last week?
      - I had a noise exposure 5 months before, but it's gone in after just few seconds from the exposure to a high sound.

no medication in the last weeks?
      - when the stress starts i used to take calcibronate "a calcium tablets" to help me relax my nerves.

did it happend overnight?
      - after a month and a half of extreme stress and fear, tension headache, and after that Tinnitus.

how long have you been dealing with stress?
      - just a month and a half. But when the tinnitus started and i entered the Internet and all the black horror stories about tinnitus the stress comes and goes, because sometimes i say it will go, and other days maybe it will not.... so i'l between the two.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      peacefulmind

peacefulmind Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Maybe Stress
      Thank you so much glynis, you are such a great person.
      Did you heard or do you know people who get stress/anxiety/depression followed by tinnitus and their T gone? If yes, How much time did it take in these cases of stress/anxiety/depression induced tinnitus?

6. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi @peacefulmind ,
      Time is a great healer and over the 5 1/2 years helping people with tinnitus I have read lots of success stories so stay positive you will be fine too....lots of love glynis

• Like Like x 3