Tinnitus and Alzheimer's

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Lisa Y, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Lisa Y

Lisa Y Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2000
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      My mom has complained about having tinnitus for at least the last 10 years. I am not sure how long ago her memory issues started. She is very good at hiding. She still doesn't want to admit that there is anything wrong with her memory. She refuses to accept the fact she might have Alzheimer.

She thought for a long time that her being cloudy minded and not being able to remember nouns was from a stroke. I do remember her saying all the time that the ringing in her ears was just horrible and continued to get worse over the years.

I tend to agree with the idea of tinnitus being a symptom of a bigger problem. I've seen something about hyperactive neurons in the brain. I always thought my brain worked like that, too. (Me and my mom are so much alike.) I've always thought of my brain as like a car that was ran too hard for too long. and after working so hard for so long it wears out.

I used to have a photographic memory. And my mind always racing. I used to think about 2 or 3, or maybe even more, things at a time. I knew it worked fast, faster than most people, because my speech matched the way my brain worked. I used to talk so fast people had a hard time understanding me. I had to talk fast to keep up with my brain. This is a major concern for me.

Cause not only have I had trouble with remembering nouns, but my children also have issues remembering nouns. I experienced tinnitus when I was younger, but not in the last couple years. My middle child also experiences the ringing in the ears. and he is only 16. I know my brain doesn't work like it used to, but I am not sure if it is Alzheimer coming on or the generic Ambien I took for 2 years, which also causes permanent brain damage.

Any information on this subject would be highly appreciated, now. Before it takes over and I am unable to understand anything or do anything about it.