Tinnitus and Dehydration

Discussion in 'Support' started by Darkener, Dec 21, 2017.

1. Darkener
      Frustrated

Darkener Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown / Possibly wearing ear plugs every night?
      I have had problems with hydration for a while (also tinnitus).

Recently it seems more severe: not being able to keep fluids down, dryness of skin etc, and this coincides with a greater severity of tinnitus. To the point where it's actually a serious problem.

Could the two be linked?

2. Olas

Olas Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Jan 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Sorry to hear this. I have been reading up on this and there is some interesting stuff out there. Take it all lightly but some stuff does make sense. ead everything then draw your own conclusion is the best anyone can do.https://www.hertzbergnd.com/single-post/2016/11/08/Tinnitus-Bodys-Alarm-System

For some reason I am really bad at taking on enough fluid. My ringing has been bad for 18 months now and I am determined to change that. I find physical exertion makes it worse.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    3. JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      Did you guys find anything out? I am have had dehydration problems for a long time as well. Most days I wake up dehydrated and my urine isn't the healthy "pale straw yellow" color or whatever it's called. I seem to have had a little bit of help with probiotics but I stopped a couple of days ago because of really bad gas.

If anyone else knows anything please let me know.

4. Greg Sacramento

Greg Sacramento Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing + Somatic tinnitus from dental work
      @JasonP I eat slices of watermelon which is 95% water. It has citrulline that improves artery function, lower blood pressure and relieves muscle soreness. It also has lycopene that will help with hypertension. It also has vitamins - A, B, C, magnesium and zinc.

• Like Like x 1
    5. JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      Thanks so much! This sounds like a great idea. I actually have some watermelon so I will plan to eat some tonight!

6. ryand
      Artistic

ryand Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Maybe Dec 2015 - the buzz was low prior
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Diet or TMJ Jaw Inflammation and Clenching??
      Hydration is absolutely linked as well as sinus pressure caused by dehydration. You can use Mucinex for sinus pressure or Eustachian tube blockage that causes pulling on your inner ear. Drink 1/2 gallon a day and understand what diuretics are.