Tinnitus and Dizziness

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by ScottinDubai, Feb 14, 2014.

1. ScottinDubai

ScottinDubai Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Hi All,
      For about a year and a half I've had a "dizzy/lightheadedness" issue that, so far, 35 doctors on two continents haven't been able to diagnose. Anyway, tinnitus started about the same time, perhaps noticeable a few days later--and the odd thing is that sometimes, every now and then, it either goes away or decreases in strength so that I don't notice it. Unfortunately, that "relief" is only for a few hours at most.

I'll be reading the forums in the days ahead, getting info.
      For most of you, does the tinnitus come and go? When I do have it (98% of the time), it doesn't increase or decrease much in volume. Just an omnipresent sound like cicadas.
      Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
    2. carol kane
      Wishful

carol kane Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/13
      NO!!! mine is all day every day, moderate hissing in both ears ...

3. Sherri786
      Dreaming

Sherri786 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      No never goes away.

4. Stelly

Stelly Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2010
      Hi. My t is always there but I have days where it can be better or worse. I find that ignoring it and keeping busy makes it just a minor annoyance. Cheers

5. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Mine never goes away. It is moderate hissing like Carol's, plus pulsating (heartbeat sound). I had dizziness for quite awhile, but it finally went away. I believe my dizziness was tinnitus-caused.

• Like Like x 1
    6. Raul
      Inspired

Raul Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2008
      never goes away but it may decrease sometimes and that dizziness/lightheaded thing im experiencing it very often lately but i guess it's related to anxiety cause i haven't experience it before just lately after being so stressed!

7. Beessie
      Relaxed

Beessie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      21-01-2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress? + badluck? Clubbing? IDK!
      Are you still commonly light headed after one month?
      I have tinnitus for 2 months and after a panic attack 3 weeks ago I am light headed for 3-4 hours every day.

8. Richard Wallace
      Thinking

Richard Wallace Member

Hi Scott, I have dizziness and ear pressure and pain with my T. Every so often it might slightly decrease. It might be because I'm distracted with other things. If possible try to stay busy and not dwell on the T and dizziness. I know that's hard to do sometimes. Hang in there my friend...... God Bless....... Rich