Tinnitus and Hoarseness

Discussion in 'Support' started by Christopher805, Feb 15, 2020.

1. Christopher805

Christopher805 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neomycin
      Has anyone else become hoarse after acquiring tinnitus? I am trying to see if there is correlation between tinnitus, lying in bed and hoarseness. I did not become hoarse until I stayed bed most of day repeatedly. I noticed that when I leave the house I begin to cough up phlegm and voice comes back.

Has anyone else experienced this scenario?

2. Michael B
      No Mood

Michael B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      '11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      Unless there's an underlying problem, I can't see a direct correlation between hoarseness & tinnitus. The phlegm may be an indication of a cold or sinus infection which may contribute to both.

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      Allergies & possible sinus issues comes to mind , when I read your post. I see no connection as well between tinnitus & horseness. It's possible that if you do have allergies, laying in bed and not elevating your head can lead to possible phlegm staying in throat. Possibly an ENT can advise you better on this one, good luck.

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Christopher805

Christopher805 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neomycin
      Hi Fishbone,

I just figured it out. I’ve been in bed pretty much the last 9 months trying to cope. Two days ago I had the first goods days since getting tinnitus and hyperacusis. I was out of bed talking and laughing. Within the first day my throat was clear and my normal voice was back. Today was not a good ear day. Back in bed. I’ve heard folks say there are ups and downs. I am appreciative of ups but they sure make the downs even harder. Thank you for you opinion. It’s very truly respected. All the best to you. Be well!

5. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      Yes, that's the nature of life and tinnitus. It can change and fluctuate, I deal with it as well on a daily basis.

I am on this site, when I have my downs and still try to help people with their ups....

Tinnitus is something most do not understand. I have lost count on how many people, I have had to educate and YET show no empathy. Adjustments are a huge part of living with tinnitus, especially severe like I have it. It's work, it takes DISCIPLINE, but my ears are worth it and all of our ears are worth it

Hope ya feel better....

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Christopher805

Christopher805 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neomycin
      That’s very magnanimous of you to still try to help folks on the forum despite being down. I learning as you said that it certainly does fluctuates. People just don't get it even when you explain it to them. They don’t take it seriously. But you and I and millions more know the hidden suffering. I try to tell people it’s in my head 24/7. It’s the song that never stops. Yes, I am trying to make adjustments because my ears, my wife and son are worth it. Thank you. Be Well.