Tinnitus and Hyperacusis Spike

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Susan Ersoy, Feb 1, 2018.

1. Susan Ersoy

Susan Ersoy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unkown
      Hello everyone. I’m new here. Had tinnitus for about 5 or 6 years. Have had a bad cold about 2 weeks ago, still very blocked nose and sinuses, always breathing through mouth. But today I got the strangest sensation in right side of face and right side T has spiked but worse, I seem to have awful hyperacusis now on left side. Low frequency sounds seem tremendously loud.

I had a panic and ended up in A&E with 10mg diazepam injection to calm me down. This week dentist also diagnosed that i have very very bad tooth grinding and jaw clenching. Have had a bad pain again on right side of jaw. Doc in hospital tonight said the jaw clenching could have caused a bone movement and hence spiked the noise tolerance due to affecting a nerve.

Sorry for long post. Normal T spikes always pass, but I never experienced this kind of thing. It has been just 5 hours since it started. Any positive feedback welcomed. Thank you and good evening to you all.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Your dentist can make you a mouth guard go over your lower teeth to wear at night and will take pressure off your jaw and stop teeth grinding and jaw clenching.
      Love glynis

• Agree Agree x 1