Tinnitus and Progressive Low Frequency Hearing Loss

Discussion in 'Support' started by Prince20, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Forever hopeful
      Disappointed

Forever hopeful Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2015 resolved, 4/20 L ear, increase 2/21
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      2015,noise,2020-21 SNHL
      @Jrblovsky, I am so sorry. I wonder if you are having delayed hearing loss as a result of the trauma? Just a hypothesis because it is your right ear. I know you feel helpless.

I don’t know where you live in the US but if there isn’t a good ear institute near you, you may want to consider traveling to Boston. I live in Boston and we have Massachusetts Eye and Ear here. They have a whole dept. dedicated to tinnitus research plus they have world renowned otologists/neurologists.

• Like Like x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    2. Jrblovsky

Jrblovsky Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Christmas 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      NOISE/Menieres Who knows
      I live in metro Detroit. I've done the steroids in the ear which have seemed to make the hearing worse. I'm not sure. I wouldn't think that after this long the trauma would still be getting worse. I probably do actually have cochlear Ménière's, it's the only thing that makes sense. Fml.

• Funny Funny x 1
    3. Forever hopeful
      Disappointed

Forever hopeful Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      2015,noise,2020-21 SNHL
      @Jrblovsky, do you have vestibular issues? I didn’t realize that. I have read that some found using a diuretic helpful with keeping the fluid build up at bay.

@glynis is a great resource for Meniere’s on this site. You may try talking to her. She is amazing.

I am so sorry that this is happening to you. They are still working me up for all possible causes for my unilateral hearing loss including Meniere’s, but I do not have any vestibular issues at all.

Sending healing thoughts your way.

4. Jrblovsky

Jrblovsky Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Christmas 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      NOISE/Menieres Who knows
      No balance issues. Just horrendous tinnitus, pain, fullness, distorted hearing. I've done diuretics with zero improvement. Done all the other crap they say to try as well. Nothing helps. I wish they could just remove the inner ear at this point. They won't approve me for a cochlear implant even though I have severe losses in nearly every frequency now. It started with slight to mild over a year ago.

5. Forever hopeful
      Disappointed

Forever hopeful Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      2015,noise,2020-21 SNHL
      @Jrblovsky, MRI? I’m not a physician but it does seem strange that they diagnosed you with Meniere’s when you’ve had no vestibular issues. That’s one of the key symptoms.

I wonder if another try at the hearing aids would work now that you’re hearing loss is more profound - perhaps one with maskers to help with the loud tinnitus.

6. Benjaminbb

Benjaminbb Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Nov 2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Likely long term noise exposure, combined w pandemic stress
      Hey man, hope you had some answers after all this time? How are you doing?