Tinnitus and Weight Gainer Supplement

Discussion in 'Support' started by Ishank, Mar 4, 2014.

1. Ishank
      Wishful

Ishank Member

Tinnitus Since:
      22/12/2013
      I am a skinny person. I've decided to go to gym this month. I will be taking weight gainer and other supplement. I am new to to all this- exercise and health supplements.

T is a mystery and I am not sure what could aggravate it, So I want to know is there any bad effect of these protein and other supplements on Tinnitus.

2. yonkapin

yonkapin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2012
      Protein supplements are fine and should do the job well enough if you're looking to make gains. What else are you planning to take?

Only sort of supplement that I think could possibly aggravate tinnitus would be those pseudo-stimulant supplements eg. Jack3D, etc - they're just bad news, even for healthy people.

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. seal

seal Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2007
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      I agree with @yonkapin as long as you're staying on the legal side with proteins, shakes etc. and not anabolic steroids and other dangerous stuff, you will be absolutely fine.

4. Steve
      Creative

Steve Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Flu, Noise-induced, Jaw trauma
      I agree too.

I just use protein and it has never had any effect on my tinnitus. I'm naturally slender so I need a little help to gain weight, supplementing a good diet with protein works fine.

I always stayed away from anything else as I don't like to artificially supplement, although most plans try and push some sort of supplement on you. You can also get unflavoured protein if you want to keep away from additives and sweeteners.

Just follow the basics and you'll be fine - balance your diet, up your calorie intake, don't try and lift too much, use the full range of motion in an exercise, if you have to throw your body into it the weight is too heavy - the main thing to be careful with is to not strain your neck / traps, as this could make your tinnitus worse.

There are some good plans and lots of tips on bodybuilding . com, you can search them by your basic body type too so they are more personalised. You may get impatient when you don't see gains as quick as you want (speaking from experience), but if you stick with it you'll get there.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ishank
      Wishful

Ishank Member

Tinnitus Since:
      22/12/2013
      Thanks all. :)
      I will talk to my trainer and let you know what kind of protein and supplements he would want me to take.