Tinnitus Became Much Louder As I Gained Weight and Quit Exercise?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Antijenkki, Jul 12, 2016.

1. Antijenkki

Antijenkki Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Can obesity cause louder tinnitus?

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Not as far as in aware of but
      Keeping sugger and salt intake down will help lesson tinnitus.......lots of love glynis

3. erniej
      Sporty

erniej Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I don't know
      When my wife became obese MY tinnitus got louder.

Seriously though. Exercise sometimes seemed to increase my volume.
      It seems like anything that increases the serotonin levels in my brain causes my tinnitus to become louder. Medications, especially SSRIs, supplements. Exercise increases the feel good chemicals...
      That wasn't your question was it. I don't imagine being obese is very healthy. Unhealthy body = louder tinnitus... Maybe...
      You may have enjoyed exercising. Exercising may have been a way for you to relieve stress... You may have given up something that you enjoyed doing that took your mind off of the ringing...
      You may have had a better self image when you exercised... Maybe not. I know I did.

4. yonkapin

yonkapin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2012
      Depends if your body weight is causing you high blood pressure, which has been known to exacerbate tinnitus symptoms.

Start exercising again and be sensible with your diet. Exercise is essential to a healthy life style - it will definitely help with your tinnitus and any related stress or anxiety. Lift weights, run, row, ride a bike, walk, anything. It's all good and the more you do it the better you will feel.