Tinnitus changes 99% of the time only after sleeping

Discussion in 'Support' started by gary, Dec 1, 2013.

1. gary
      Transparent

gary Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows
      I used a 1 to 10 scale when T first started, 1 being almost non existent, 10 being to the point that I can't enjoy even going out to dinner. mentally it really affects me because the perceived sound is so loud.

My fair to blaring days are pretty much split. 50%@5 and 50%@10 a lot of good 1 through 4 on the scale has done. Well I have had two times it was a 2, it was like being in heaven, all this in the last year and a half.

Mine never changes during the day as far as getting lower, if it's there at a 10 when I wake up, then it's a 10 all day. It's when I sleep and get up that sets the tone (no pun intended) I had a good day last week, took an hour nap, got up and it was blaring at a 10

I can get up with a 5 and through out the day it will go to a 10. Something is happening in the brain while I am sleeping. I fall asleep ok, I have no nightmares, sleep sound. The only correlation with my T for the last year and a half is the change while I sleep. I do have some hearing loss in the effected ear, but whats up with the sleep phenomenon....

2. Leah

Leah Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Gary, I could have written this entire post word for word. You describe my experience with "T," it is right on.
      Even if I am reading, close my eyes and start to dose off, not asleep yet, that is enough to bring it to a 10!
      Your 1 to 10 scale is also great description what is a 1 or a 2 or a 3? My scale starts at 5 also. Always, always there. Something I find interesting and wonder about, my T came on slowly at a 2 or a 3, then gone for long periods. Woke up one day to 10. During the build up period I did notice the T volume was always high after sleep especially short naps. This topic has been talked about before, doesn't this mean brain not ear issue?
      Thanks for bringing up the topic once again.:)

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      gary
      Transparent

gary Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows
      Hi Leah, I sure seems like it is brain related. Thank you for sharing your experience, I have pretty much habituated to the 5's, it's those day's of 10 when I am having a hard time dealing with. I see you are not far from me, maybe it's something in the air :dohanimation: