Tinnitus: Choosing Patient Pathways (Dirk De Ridder)

Discussion in 'Research News' started by Markku, Apr 8, 2014.

tinnitus forum
    1. Markku

Markku Director Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame Team Trobalt Team Tech Team Awareness Team Research

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      • Like Like x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    2. Sound Wave

Sound Wave Member Benefactor Team Tech

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably headphones
      Thanks for sharing. Very interesting reads, though I understand only a fraction. :) You gotta also love the use of comic sans font amongst the academic folks... :)
      • Funny Funny x 1
    3. Kimbo Slice

Kimbo Slice Member

Which drugs with which mechanisms can
      influence tinnitus ?
      Ion Channels (Na, K, Ca): Lidocaine (70%), gabapentine & pregabaline (+/-)
      GABA: Alprazolam (+) 65%, Clonazepam (+) 32%
      Glutamate (NMDA):acamprosate (+), flupirtine (-), memantine (-), neramexane (+)

Serotonine: Nortriptyline(+), Amitriptyline(+), Paroxetine(+/-), Sertraline (+), Trimipramine (-)
      Noradrenaline: ?
      Dopamine: Sulpiride (+)
      Acetylcoline: ?
      Melatonin: ?

Are these the drugs they say can treat tinnitus or are they the ones that can cause/ exasperate them?
    4. Grace
      No Mood

Grace Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Not sure about the rest of them but clonazepam can cause someone to get T through withdrawing coldturkey from.. Other wise if you use it it while having T it can help alot. It lowers my T to like nothing. Just dont cut cold turkey you have to ween yourself off when you feel its time to come off of it. I cut cold turkey two years ago not knowing about T and didnt get it from that got it from noise exposure but everyones different.