Tinnitus Disability

Discussion in 'Support' started by stelar, Mar 17, 2014.

1. stelar

stelar Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/1985
      I have tried to cope with tinnitus and doing the best I can for a long time.
      I was thinking to apply for disability for my tinnitus. I was wondering what you guys think about this?:cautious:

Stelar

2. Magpie
      Sporty

Magpie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/1999
      What have you done as far as coping goes?

FWIW it took me a very long time but I had some other nasties to deal with. At some point I finally realised it was pointless fighting it. I started to fall asleep without tossing and turning and stressing about it. I found that while I was at work I focused on it rather than my tinnitus. I no longer cope with tinnitus, it's there and always will be there, it's annoying at times but I got on with my life and do other things. Call it a plan if you want to but it does the trick.

3. Mclovin

Mclovin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2012
      Going on disability because of tinnitus would (in my opinion) be the same as giving up on getting better. Just my 2 cents.

4. Maithe Marshall
      Gloomy

Maithe Marshall Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Last week.
      Is tinnitus a disability?

I've actually been wondering this. Or does it only become one when you cannot habituate? Sorry for such a odd question here.

I'm very sorry that you are having a hard time coping:( I hope the best for you and everyone going through the hardships with t. I myself am not coping well either..
      I'm here if you ever need to talk.

I think that if you want to apply this as a disability you should, if that's what you want .