Tinnitus Doesn't Bother Me Anymore

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Quentino, Dec 21, 2014.

1. Quentino
      Tired

Quentino Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Decrease of Hearing i presume.
      It's been a long time since my last visit on tinnitus talk. Mostly because I'm currently studying harshly.

My tinnitus doesn't react anymore. Before, a loud sound and BOOM spikes, now nothing. I only hear it in silence, when I'm trying to sleep, and I only notice it a few seconds. So this is a total victory for me.

The only thing that bothers me is my hearing, not perfect for a 20-year-old young man, I'm prepared to wear hearing aids in the future, even if I'm a little afraid about how my hearing will evolve.

About tinnitus, you have to think about all the beautiful things in life to succeed into having a good life again.

Stay strong all!

• Optimistic Optimistic x 3
      • Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 2
      • Winner Winner x 1
    2. Ilija
      Breezy

Ilija Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud gig/year of loud headphone usage.
      Did you have sound sensitivity in the beginning? It's been 4 months since I got mine and I still have some sound sensitivity.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Quentino
      Tired

Quentino Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Do you mean sort of hyperacusis? in the first weeks I think I had that, but it quickly disappeared.

4. Lena C.

Lena C. Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      This is great. I hope that I arrived at the samed point. :)
      I'm 19 and my tinnitus caused by an acoustic trauma. I hear my tinnitus even watching television, so I think it is strong.
      Thank you for sharing your sucess stories ! I's always feel good to read !
      Strengh for you hearing loss !

• Hug Hug x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Quentino
      Tired

Quentino Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hi Lena, think you for your message, even if i accept and relativize it, having an hearing loss is not Fun. But it could have been worse

I'm sure you will learn to Forget it. One day it will simple become part of the background. In silence when i hear it, i simply do something i like (reading or playing vidéogames) . When my T was still hight it helped me to decrease the importance of the Tinnitus for me, and now i don't care anymore about it ( or just a little, still annoying when it increase because of a cold)

6. Kopesy
      English

Kopesy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      19/09/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I'll never know
      Hey @Quentino
      It's great that you're getting you life back on track, still trying to do the same.
      May I ask what the extent of hearing loss you have?

7. Rudy

Rudy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Post ear lavage tinnitus.
      I had slight T and the H came in to play when I was dumb and went out to a club. I've had the H for the last 2 weeks and it is KILLING me! I have to ask people to lower their voice and keep sounds to a minimum.

• Hug Hug x 1
    8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Quentino
      Tired

Quentino Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Kopesy

A litlle less than 10 dB at left hear, same at right ear, with -15 -20 at 500 and 1000 Hz

With some doubts, hospital says i may have some glue in the ears due to ear infections when i was younger and due t some cold/flue each year.

9. Kopesy
      English

Kopesy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      19/09/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I'll never know
      Isn't that normal hearing? I have 20dB across the board & the ENT said my hearing was fine :s

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Quentino
      Tired

Quentino Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      At 20 my hearing should be perfect, that's why i wanted to say by loss.

Sorel if i wasn't clear but for my Age I consider this as a loss. Of course it's considered as " normal hearing" but this inclus thé hearing of more aged people.

11. cmkc109

cmkc109 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2014
      how long did it take for you to habituate to tinnitus?
      Are you scared that T will gets louder as you ages?

12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Quentino
      Tired

Quentino Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I'm pretty sure my T will not evolve, since it stopped to be reactive.

And it takes about 4/5 month. I have begun à new year of studiying So it helped having other priorities.
      And I've taken some light antidepressant, the beginning of my T was not easy.

13. cmkc109

cmkc109 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2014
      I am also 20 years old right now. I can only hear my T when the environment is quite ( e.g my room). it has been 1.5 month since T first started. i am just worry that it might get worse as time passes. There are people saying their T is as loud as an alarm clock. And then I just start worrying if I will be at that stage after 20 or 30 years have passed. CANT STOP WORRYING :(

• Agree Agree x 1
    14. Rube
      Fine

Rube Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud shit
      You really shouldn't think 20 or 30 years from now, it's tough I know. But you can have some other medical condition that can be life threatening in 20 or 30 years but you aren't worrying about that are you? There might be a cure or at least some relief in the next few years. There is a lot of research and trials to help us, much more in the past couple of years than in the past. There is Autifony in phase 2 trials, AM101 in phase 3, otonomy and some other research to make retigabine have less side effects. Hang in there and hang on!

• Like Like x 1
    15. cmkc109

cmkc109 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2014
      Thank you very much for your reply. I really should tell myself to stop worrying and move on with my life!

• Like Like x 1
    16. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Quentino
      Tired

Quentino Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      And à lot of people, trough the years, have never seen their T modified. So you have nothing to worry about I think.

17. Blair14
      Tired

Blair14 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2002
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Exposure
      @cmkc109 If there is one thing I have learned, live in the moment, not in the future. Worry = anxiety = sleep issues = increase likely in your T. You can only live one day at a time. Fortune telling, catastrophizing are irrational thought patterns and serve you no good. Challenge your negative thoughts!

• Like Like x 1