Tinnitus, DUBS Earplugs, and Sport Games

Discussion in 'Support' started by Ben Jubel, May 17, 2015.

1. Ben Jubel
      Wishful

Ben Jubel Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/05/2013
      I have had tinnitus for about 2-3 years in my right ear. I have normalized to it and the tinnitus doesn't bother me at all. However, my passion for sports doesn't want to go away. I was scared at first, but with a purchase of some DUB ear plugs, I decided to go to my local soccer games. The stadium hosts up to 18,000.

I plug in my ear plugs and the problem gets worse every game. My left ear is competently fine with no tinnitus and the plug goes in great and works perfectly......but the tinnitus ear.... the plug seems to fall out or is hard to fit into the ear... and when the crowd roars or gets louder... my tinnitus explodes and gets higher. It does seem to... settle down after the game or the next day...

What is happening? Is my tinnitus getting worse? is the ear completely destroyed? I hate to ask these questions and I am so proud of my progress over the years, but these sporting events make me cry at night and bring back all the worries and nightmares about tinnitus. I'm so scared about going to games were the attendance is even higher. I can't bear the fact of sitting with 50k or 80k.

2. Carm

Carm Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/01/2011
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ben Jubel
      Wishful

Ben Jubel Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/05/2013
      yes. wow. I did not know that...... I will have to look into other ear plugs then :C

4. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Danny Boy Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Sounds like you're in a juxtaposition. In one hand you're risking your tinnitus getting worse for self-gratification, as many musicians do. Why not play sports in a more quiet place? Football to me is a place of boastfulness and is no good for tinnitus, maybe it's time to have an outlook on your life and see if the risks outweigh the benefits. Anyway, I hope you get better and wish no ill.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ben Jubel
      Wishful

Ben Jubel Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/05/2013
      No I'm not playing, and its not NFL. I'm going to soccer game this season and need advice on my tinnitus problem.

6. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Danny Boy Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Well, if you can get the right earplugs then play...By the way, I'm English so Football to me is football...Not American football.

7. vivaro

vivaro Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud music or throat infection