Tinnitus Flare Up Due to Congestion/ETD

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by AlisonS, Jun 8, 2015.

1. AlisonS

AlisonS Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2005
      Hi
      Ive had T for years but low in day so not noticeable and fan in room at night , got to a stage of never thinking about it , until 2 weeks ago had a minor sinus ache and next morning had bad T and whwn i tried to pop my ears it sounded like a squeaky toy ! I have a nasal spray from docs and wearing a masker at present , never had T this loud , im hoping alot of mucus caused by allergy putting a strain on my ears is the cause as yesterday it was alot better but woke in the night feeling dry headed but congested ( no runny nose ) and the T was loud again , if i scrunch my face it does feel tender around my eyes and nose so hoping this is treatable and my T will go back to how it was anyone else had similar problems

2. Ulalena

Ulalena Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure , but it just came back
      I think I have a similar story. I could hardly hear it for years and Allergies kicked and . I found out with test I have bad Negative pressure in left ear. I have been on nasal sprays for years. My ENT is putting in a tube next Tuesday to relieve pressure and hopefully lessen the T

3. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Maybe you would bennifit from allergy tablets .
      Have a chat with your doctor and see what he/she thinks if allergy related....lots of love glynis