Tinnitus for 1+ Year

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by CaliBrown, Mar 20, 2019.

1. CaliBrown

CaliBrown Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music is the likely culprit
      Howdy all, nice to find a home with fellow sufferers. Here's my short story, I'll include as many pertinent details to see if anyone has similar experiences. I read so many things about causes and possible treatments so I figured I'd throw it all out there. I don't know if there's anyone out there who has tinnitus coupled with my other issues that could share some helpful nuggets.

1) 48 years old, used to go to quite a few concerts, bars, clubs.
      2) Began having significant issues with anxiety and some panic attacks in the summer of 2017. Around that time I first started keeping track of my blood pressure more closely. It's been consistently in the 135-140/85-90 range for a couple of years
      3) First noticed possible tinnitus after going to back to back concerts in October 2017. It was the ringing that typically went away the next day, this time it didn't. (Okay, you can facepalm here.)
      4) Saw an audiologist in December 2017, diagnosed me with a 'noise notch'. I also saw a psychiatrist about that time and started on antidepressants for the anxiety issue (Lexapro).
      5) Stayed on the Lexapro for about 11 months, felt stabilized and tapered off with the help of my doc. Tapered off around November 2018. No real change in the tinnitus since I was on the meds, but it definitely helped making me feel less crazy.
      6) Felt great off the meds! Tinnitus was still there but just a background noise.
      7) Here is where it hit the fan. I decided on a whim to try Lipo-Flavonoid. I started it last week as recommended, 2 pills a day morning noon at night.
      8) Have had the worst anxiety and panicky feelings over the past couple of days. I feel like I'm having trouble breathing, my head is in the clouds, my heart rate has been running about 100. Today was just the worst. Feels like my legs are made of rubber, I could barely pick up my daughter from school.

So that's about it. Needless to say, I threw the lipo-flavonoid into the trash. It seems too coincidental that I would have these crazy symptoms around the time I started taking it. I see there is also a lipo-flavonoid thread and I'll copy and paste over there to see if anyone has similar issues.

In the meantime I'll be digging through this site for resources and ideas.

Thank for reading!

2. Piney

Piney Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Shingles virus
      Anxiety is normal the first year of Tinnitus. Your brain is adjusting and trying to localize sound if you have hearing loss. Within 3 months I lost all my hearing in one ear, then hit my head and lost the ability to smell, the brain is a complex monster. I was in a dark place for a year and still have bad days. To answer your question you might have been allergic to something in the pill or it just doesn’t jive with your system. I took Zoloft for 1 day and knew immediately, nope that’s not gonna work, weird anxiety and a shock to my brain brought me to my knees. Try Hydroxyzine for really bad days, it’s not highly addictive and may give u a full nights sleep. Basically a Benadryl. Sleep is your friend, find a way to sleep and take things slow, I believe the Tinnitus will get better and so will the anxiety. I know it will.

3. Jr_time

Jr_time Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown

Did you find out why you lost your hearing? Did it gradually decline??

4. Piney

Piney Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Shingles virus
      Shingles virus plus a loud power saw. No steroids brought it back.

5. R. David Case

R. David Case Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      I can help you with a sound mix we are having good results with, Download tinnitus Mix at https://tinnitusmix.com and play on loop all night every night on Koss KTX-PRO1 headphones for 3 weeks or until tinnitus is gone. It is free and has helped 441 people so far.

from t talk t gone.png
      Screenshot_2019-03-13 I Invented a Sound That Knocked Out My Tinnitus(1).png