Tinnitus for 5 Weeks — Wellbutrin as a Cause?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Bleep, May 4, 2017.

1. Bleep

Bleep Member

Tinnitus Since:
      22/03/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Perhaps stress
      Sorry for making another thread, I just need answers. Could my tinnitus be caused by Wellbutrin and Abilify? I quit Wellbutrin for 5 weeks after I heard the ringing and my Abilify since 2 days.

Is there hope? Will I hear silence again? I'm so young...

2. Pleasure_Paulie

Pleasure_Paulie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise or maybe... unicorns!
      Sorry to hear you have to go through this condition like many of are :) If you had Tinnitus prior to starting your ADs I would suggest that is not the cause. I would do your due diligence and get all medical checks including an MRI. I would also suggest speaking with an Audiologist and request a high frequency hearing test (above 8,000hz) to check for hearing loss.

After you've done your medical checks continual searching for the cause of Tinnitus can be very difficult, and often a fruitless endeavour which in the long run won't help you emotionally get used to having Tinnitus.

I hope it will go away and you will get silence again :) But please also know the distress and anxiety you feel now will improve, I promise you that.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Bleep

Bleep Member

Tinnitus Since:
      22/03/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Perhaps stress
      I never had tinnitus prior wellbutrin. It was after wellbutrin. If its because of wellbutrin after how many weeks can it go away?

I also have to say my eyesight is blurry and that I am very tired and when bloodresults came I had low vitamin D. Idk if it could help giving more information.

4. jjflyman

jjflyman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise (Concert)
      Yes , ringing in the ears is a side effect of wellbutrin (google it)
      It usually resolves itself in a few months, but can take up to a year. Doctors will take you off it if it causes ringing.