Tinnitus for 7 Years: Acoustic Trauma from a Loud Speaker

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by John Reid7, Jul 19, 2020.

1. John Reid7

John Reid7 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/07/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Went to ENT at Ross Hall Glasgow. Put in MRI machine. Conclusion left sided hearing loss. The high pitched buzzing is tinnitus. Just learn to live with it. Oh thanks

On top of this my left side has always felt pressured, then a month or so later every time I blinked or frowned I could hear whoosh on my left ear. Not in synchronised with my heart beat. I initiate the whoosh by moving this optic muscles which obviously change the pressure of my blood. I tracked it recently to temporal artery which obviously branches off to diff places. When I press on any of these artery’s on that region I can hear and feel whoosh.

7 years now and it’s just fatigued me and depressed the life out of me. I can hear it just now as I type. I can handle the whoosh as I can control that but that high pitched ringing is awful. Hearing loss in left ear but ringing perceived in both. Went to another ENT who basically said there’s nothing you can do. Maybe try Botox? Ok then.

I really don’t know what to try next. God bless all sufferers and best wishes

• Hug Hug x 3
    2. JT2020

JT2020 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      5/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma, Ear Wax, Congestion
      I just wanted to say Hang in there! I'm a newbie so I hope the Vets on this site will respond on this thread soon.
      Best wishes and I hope you can get some treatment that will help your situation.

God Bless!

• Like Like x 2
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      John Reid7

John Reid7 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/07/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Thanks for that. One day I pray I can be tinnitus free. :)

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      John Reid7

John Reid7 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/07/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      As a side note guys, I read a lot about not wearing earphones. My question is if you only have hearing loss in one ear? Can you use an earphone in the good ear. Might be a daft question but I may as well ask.

5. Thuan

Thuan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection right ear 2018. Sound trauma left ear 2020.
      @John Reid7 I would avoid headphones unless you absolutely need it, like a private conference call. Don't risk it. I used to have tinnitus in one ear, now it's in both. I don't know what caused my other ear to develop tinnitus but it is really hard to cope with both ears. I used to be able to get relief playing masking sounds on one side of my ear and still feel some normality. It's impossible now.

Bottom line, be extremely careful and don't take for granted your good ear.