Tinnitus for Almost 6 Days — Does It Sound Like It's Getting Better?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Terowyn, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Terowyn

Terowyn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/12/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      At 11:30 PM, it'll be exactly 6 days since a concert I went to ended and my tinnitus started. The first 24 hours were really bad. I had ringing in both ears and I could hear it over pretty much everything (including strong gusts of wind). It died down over 3-4 days to the point that it was only in my left ear and now I can only hear it if I focus on it in a quiet room. It's stayed at a constant volume for the past 2 days, but it's been fading in and out since yesterday. I'll hear it for a second, then it dims down to nothing, then it comes back for a second, and then dims down again, and so on.

I know that even if it's permanent, I have a very mild case and should consider myself lucky. I know I can learn to live with this in a worst case scenario, but I was just curious if the dimming effect is a sign that it's still healing (if anyone knows)?

2. Jomo

Jomo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/4/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      going for a rim shot on the snare drum.
      First, you have T for 6 days but it says it started in May 2017? Im guessing that is a typo...to be honest it doesnt mean a thing...i hope you are lucky enough to avoid this but if not dont worry.....there is plenty of life to live..you just need to adapt..it does settle down and should stay that way as long as you protect your ears...i would suggest investing in a pair of custom musician ear plugs...i have 2 pairs and carry a pair with me at all times...i have attended 6 weddings this year including my own and am studying for the CPA exam. Best of luck to you and welcome to the forum

3. threefirefour
      Peeping tom

threefirefour Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      5/15/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      140dB B R U H moment
      It sounds like it's reducing. That's a good thing. Please avoid concerts and any loud noises from now on.

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. Aaron44126
      Balanced

Aaron44126 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Eustachian tube dysfunction (from infection / labyrinthitis)
      If you're noticing changes over the course of a few days, there is no reason to believe that it is permanent. Take it one day at a time and don't worry about it being permanent if it is still changing. You will probably recover and be fine.

• Agree Agree x 1
    5. Christian78
      Alone

Christian78 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      (Sep 2013)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      progressive tinnitus, time of expiring in next 3-6 months
      Buy illegally or get Clonazepam 2mg for 15 days to kill it in the start so it does not spread.