Tinnitus from Loud Music Is So Much Better After 6 Months

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Vicktor, Aug 14, 2020.

1. Vicktor

Vicktor Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1 month
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud place
      Hey everyone! I am a 26-year-old man. I got tinnitus 6 months ago.

It is now so much better. What really helped was time. It was terrible at first. It started getting better after 3 months. It was noise induced. I was in a loud music place and on the next day I had a high pitched ringing in my right ear.

I did stop drinking alcohol and didn't go to loud places ever since it happened. I started to drink apple cider vinegar.

Now I still have ringing here and there but it does not bother me at all and it’s nowhere near as loud as it used to be. I feel as comfortable with myself as before. All I can say is that it’s going to get better for you over time.

Tinnitus song helped me to cancel out the ringing which was helpful in the beginning.

I hope this was helpful and good luck!

• Like Like x 6
    2. Lizards
      Pooptoast

Lizards Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/21/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Way to go, buddy! Just curious, what's your history with noise exposure?

3. Gordon Steinberg

Gordon Steinberg Member

Tinnitus Since:
      7/25/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Very Loud Noise
      Thanks for posting! I am 28 years old and am on day 20 and going through a similar noise-induced event. It’s great to hear it started to get better for you at 3 months! I hope you feel great now and it continues to be manageable.

Can I ask, how loud was it originally, and did you ever have any sound distortion in your hearing?

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Vicktor

Vicktor Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1 month
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud place
      Hello guys so I had a history of Playing brass instruments such as trombone and I was always surrounded by other players. And that night well it was loud and probably I was close to the speaker and I also was drunk and took 4 ibuprofen before I went to sleep. So I think the combination of all of these caused this ringing in the ear.

5. Fields
      Tired

Fields Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise trauma
      31-year-old man with noise-induced tinnitus here. I got it 4 months ago, haven't notice any improvement, yet.

However, I started having less trouble falling sleep after around 3 months. I tried to sleep using white noise at first, but prolonged white noise appears to give me pretty bad spikes.

As a result, I had to get used to sleeping without anything to mask my tinnitus—which sucked. Over time, I managed to clear my head to such an extent that I'm able to just sort of 'shut down' and fall asleep. Additionally, I take 500mg of magnesium an hour before bed.

Mornings are still really bad for me, though. Apple cider vinegar didn't do anything for me, but I've grown to like the taste :LOL:.

• Hug Hug x 3
      • Like Like x 1
    6. Andrei88
      No Mood

Andrei88 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Ive had T ad H for 8 years now, due to acoustic trauma, Ive had times where it was very low in volume and at times it spikes and the pain is very bad.
      Please be careful, wear earplugs when around loud music, the worst mistake one can make is to forget about the T when it comes down and then you can not be on guard and find yourself in a situation where you get exposed to loud audio.
      All the best!

• Like Like x 4
      • Hug Hug x 1
    7. Blackbird1016

Blackbird1016 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music Festival
      It's nice to read this. I'm dealing with noise-induced tinnitus too and it is brutal! Happy for you.

• Like Like x 1
    8. Andrei88
      No Mood

Andrei88 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      You can try going on a Magnesium supplement; in the past, I had some positive results using it.