Tinnitus from PTSD/Stress/Major Depression

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by BDP, Oct 17, 2020.

1. BDP

BDP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress/Depression/PTSD
      Hello, I am new to this forum and would like to thank everyone for sharing their experiences. It's nice to know that my thoughts and feelings are validated when I read and learn so much from others. So thanks for sharing.

I have been dealing with Complex PTSD and Major Depression for the past 6 months. Well, at least that is when the wheels fell off. Up to that point my life was 'go go go' and looking back at it I have been symptomatic for years. When it decides to take you down it cuts you off at the knees.

I have experienced acute bouts of tinnitus through the years which I consider as normal, i.e. after exposure to loud sounds, etc.

One of the physical symptoms I am constantly dealing with is tinnitus in my left ear. It consists of 3 layers with a low cricket range, a continuous mid range ringing followed by a high pitch continuous ringing. When my emotions get the better of me it elevates from a 4 to a 7 or higher on the scale and stays at that higher range for days until I can start to relax again.

Therapy is slow and it is teaching me patience. I hope and pray that therapy will help. When I have brought my tinnitus up Doctors just look at me acknowledge it but quickly move past it.

Anyways thanks for listening and I hope to learn more from people as I move forward in my recovery.

Cheers.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Peter61

Peter61 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2012