Tinnitus Goes for a Few Minutes After Exercise

Discussion in 'Support' started by Penelope33, May 8, 2014.

1. Penelope33
      Torn

Penelope33 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 2013
      I've noticed that after running around the house cleaning etc, the t seems to go ( when I plug my ears with fingers I can't hear it) for a few mins, then it comes back. Does anyone else have this?
      What's needed I wonder to keep it like that? More blood circulating? Or is the blood rush just masking the t? Hmmm, confused

• Like Like x 1
    2. Sound Wave
      Curious

Sound Wave Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably headphones
      Cleaning etc doesn't sound exercise to me - just ordinary tasks that keep you busy. :) What happens to your T after you really exercise physically like run, lift weights etc? For me for example weight lifting etc hard physical movements spike my T when I strain my upper muscles in shoulders, neck and head.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Penelope33
      Torn

Penelope33 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 2013
      For me cleaning is exercise right now soo don't know how it would be if I did real exercise like running etc. it goes away anyway, if only briefly, as in when I then sit down and plug my ears all I can hear is the blood rushing in my ears and no t sounds. Then slowly the t creeps back in :-(

4. Sound Wave
      Curious

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably headphones
      Could it be just that your mind is elsewhere while cleaning and doing other tasks? Then when you start to listen to your T, you of course hear it. This happens to ALL of us - the level of being aware of T while doing different things just varies.

5. Martin69
      Artistic

Martin69 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      (Health) Anxiety
      Hi Penelope.
      If I plug fingers into my ears, my blood rushing is so loud, I hardly hear my T. Strange.
      Sometimes, like you say, it seems not there, and then comes back.
      This is for example if there is traffic noise, loud music, been in the shower etc.
      So sometime I think, if we wouldn't be obsessed by this nasty T, we would maybe not hear it.
      But that would be too simple I guess.
      Take care,
      Martin

• Agree Agree x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Penelope33
      Torn

Penelope33 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 2013
      No, whilst I'm cleaning I've got music on so I don't hear it. It's when I e stopped cleaning, I sit down, block my ears with fingers and can't hear the t for several mins. Then I hear it come back to the forefront. Suppose it pointless to mention as it still comes back!! Just wondered I guess if there was a correlation between blood pumi g about and lower t.....

7. Sound Wave
      Curious

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably headphones
      It sounds like you have a working cure for your T -> do physical activities like cleaning the house and take 1-5 min pauses and you don't hear your T at all! ;)

Joking aside, maybe there is a correlation with your T. I have had two episodes of headache where I can also hear / feel blood (or something) flowing inside my head, which completely took away my T. When the headache went away, T came back.

8. lapidus

lapidus Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      If that happened to me @Penelope33 I would take it as a good sign. A sign that it might maybe go away, or at least that it has some potential of going away. The hard part is to figure out why exactly this happen, and where to go from here.

9. citigirl13
      Happy

citigirl13 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      17/1/14
      That seems like a good sign to me. Sounds to me like it could be something to do with blood circulation maybe? I don't know really. But it sounds like it has the potential to go away permanently if it does for sometimes after exercise

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Penelope33
      Torn

Penelope33 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 2013
      I don't know....I'd need the blood circulating like that 24/7 for it to go.

11. lapidus

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Your T is not noise induced. Maybe there is something somatic, that can be fixed, or maybe will fix itself in time?

12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Penelope33
      Torn

Penelope33 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 2013
      No it's not noise enduced. It's silly me induced though that's for sure. Wondering if it's air or something trapped in my e tubes....they pop snd crackle constantly.

13. Markku
      Inspired

Markku Founder Staff Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
      Your tinnitus is still not your fault.

While you think excessive self-pleasuring coincided with the onset, you couldn't have known better. You just couldn't.

So don't say it's silly you. Please.

• Agree Agree x 1
    14. lapidus

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Yeah, I've read your story Penny and I think you should seek out for a second opinion, and look into some trigger point therpay and other stuff that can help for somatic T.

15. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Penelope33
      Torn

Penelope33 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 2013
      Thank you Markku.

16. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Penelope33
      Torn

Penelope33 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 2013
      What's trigger point therapy?

17. lapidus

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      There are some muscles around the neck, and inside the mouth etc that can cause T if they are a little bit outta whack. I'm no expert on it at all, so I think you should look it up on the net or speak to a doctor about it. The aim of trigger point therapy is to heal these sore trigger points. Some people with H and TTS has also reported a relief from this.

Also: Do you have wisdom teeth? Sometimes wisdom teeth can cause T. My girlfriend had quite intrusive T two days before removing a wisdom tooth. When the tooth was out, the T stopped.

18. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Penelope33
      Torn

Penelope33 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 2013
      Rha
      Thanks for your reply, no wisdom teeth out yet.... And I don't think it's muscle related but wish it were! Thsnks for the info tho, pleased your girlfriends went away!

19. lapidus

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      • Like Like x 1
    20. James
      No Mood

James Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Pulsing 03/2013
      Sounds like a win-win situation to me.
      I'd get up every day and clean the house, all day and be proud of it.
      You get a clean house of it and some low stress T releif by being mildly distracted.

21. Mulucca

Mulucca Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Came after heart surgery
      This is interesting to me too as something similar happens to me when I elevate my heart rate in any way, my PT can disappear for hours even a day!! Although it's bad during the actual activity. The PT started for me about a month after I had 2 stents in my right Coronary artery. Doctors say not related to surgery or meds even though they know surgery and meds (aspirin) both affect blood flow

Would be good to hear your thoughts