Tinnitus Has Been Changing My All Happiness

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Bidyut saha, Dec 17, 2016.

1. Bidyut saha
      Cloud9

Bidyut saha Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi, it's d 1st time I join with tinnitus talk. I feeling good dt I could share my painfull experience with somebody who's r suffering the same or more. Bcz maximum person around me don't understand how I m passing my life. I m very hearted when people r jocks with me.

At 2nd November I was talking with my friend over phn. I didn't notice my earphone was defected. After finish d cl I noticed my right ear is ringing so loudly. I was so afraid bcz never I heared abt tinnitus. I waited 2 days after I hv gone to my doctor. When he said me may it has no treatment I was surprised and I started to crying really. He given me some medicine which did nothing. Then I gone to a ent and she offered to do MRI. I did but there hv nothing found. I returned to my general doctor. He saw the MRI report and told me maybe it's about caugh. I hv a problem of nasal septum deviation also as I knew. Anyway after my doctor given me some spray and ginkgo biloba. I hv been taking this since one month. Now it is lowered 50%. But now it ringing both ear also in d head. At night it become worst when I go to sleep.

It's a very new experience for me. I hv not enough idea also wht to do. If anybody help me to know more wht I should to, really I will be very thankful. I m so sorry for my bad English writing. Thaxx

2. MikeL1972

MikeL1972 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Uknown
      Hi Bidyut,

Welcome to the site!

You have taken the correct steps by going to doctor. Also, you wrote that your tinnitus has gone down by 50%! I hope it completely goes away for you.

In the interim, the best thing you can do for yourself is to minimize your responses of stress and anxiety towards tinnitus. Believe me, I know exactly where you are coming from because I too had those same feelings; it is the nervous system's natural reaction to combat an intruder. It is a gradual process, but over the coming weeks and months, your brain will get used to the ringing and it will no longer stimulate anxiety for you. The key is to stop fighting it. But again, hopefully it will 100% go away for you! Best of luck.

3. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum. Your T is very new. New T is known to be unstable and can morph into different symptoms and spikes can happen without cause. Thus it is a bit scary to new T sufferers and more anxiety and stress can only make T worse. Try to read up the success stories so you will feel not so scared about T, and through others' experiences, you can learn more how to deal with T. In the mean time, you should start masking T if it is bothering you. If you haven't done so, here are some suggestions:

1) Mask at bed time so you can sleep better. Find whatever sounds/music that are soothing to you. You can use a sound machine or sound pillow for this, or a computer with speakers.

2) If you need masking on the go, try load an ipod with nature sounds or music using itune. If you have a smart phone, you can download free APPs for soothing or T-masking sounds.

3) If you have computer and speakers, you can try these excellent masking sounds too:

TT's audio player: https://www.tinnitustalk.com/audioplayer/

or this online sound library, particularly the self-mix nature sounds: http://mynoise.net/

or download free sound generator ‘aire freshener’: http://www.peterhirschberg.com/mysoftware.html

or search youtube with words like 'tinnitus masking sounds', 'white noise', 'rain sound' etc.