Tinnitus Has Been Gone for Days!

Discussion in 'Support' started by AnneG, Nov 6, 2013.

1. AnneG
      Cheerful

AnneG Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/13
      I just feel so alive :D
      5-6 days ago my T went away for nearly a whole day! from the moment i woke up i noticed there wasn't any whistling in my ears, the crickets and hissing stoped and i was just so happy! But Then it came back at around 5pm the same day, it came sudden. I was bummed about it but i let it go. The Happiness overtook the sadness :) The next day when i woke up i notoces the sound to be present louder than usual. We were on our way to a three day vacation that morning so i was really worried that this might take all the fun away. That day i drank Chamommile tea At lunch then dinner. That was my FIRST ever taste of that tea. And the next day when i woke up the T was Gone! I WAS SO HAPPY! That was 4 days ago and now till this very moment there's still no whistling, hissing, or crickets! I don't know what happened but i hope everyone else would stay strong. We never know what might happen :)

• Like Like x 20
      • Hug Hug x 3
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    2. gary
      Transparent

gary Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows
      So happy for you Anne. I hope it stays away for good. If by chance it starts to creep back in, remember that you can have very good days too like these.

3. Hopeful
      Wishful

Hopeful Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/13
      That must be a fantastic sensation to have silence. Can you describe it?

• Hug Hug x 1
    4. Lulubug69
      Artistic

Lulubug69 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/2013
      I too had a recent quiet moment. It was bliss. I wish you silence from T from this moment on. Gives me hope! So happy for you!

5. Beth
      Inspired

Beth Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      quite a while...
      HiAnneG,
      You're in a great place just now and long may it last! I think if you can keep your mind very positive you will stay there. If you do hear it again you just need to remind yourself that you don't have to listen to it....that's what you're doing now so you can do it again. I haven't heard silence for 6 years but look forward to the day when I will.

• Like Like x 1
    6. lbjprxoxo

lbjprxoxo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 18th 2013
      Wowwww so happy for you.!!! God bless. I hope the same for all that's suffering with T. It's a real bummer ! I hope one day I too I will wake up with that terrible high pitch ringing just GONE FOREVER ! Your right, we never know what may happen. Good for you !! Xo laura

• Agree Agree x 1
    7. Meestijn
      Balanced

Meestijn Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2013
      Indeed WOW & fantastic!!!
      This may give hope to all of use... never loose faith that there is a possibility that T will go or become a minor noise again!

• Agree Agree x 1
    8. Shuffle
      Gloomy

Shuffle Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Heavy Metal & Machinery
      Fantastic news :)

9. Champ
      Woot

Champ Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma from headphones
      I had mine go away yesterday and this morning. I haven't been paying attention for it since this has happened before but damn is it nice to have.

• Like Like x 3
      • Agree Agree x 1
    10. Carol
      Fine

Carol Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/13
      Wow, that's amazing. I've had my T for a few months now. I have louder days and not so loud days but never silence. It must be wonderful! I really hope for you that it lasts, but if it doesn't just remember this time and I'm sure you'll get silent days again!

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 2
    11. Ozzy
      Wishful

Ozzy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      * Ear infection * 20 years later huge sound increase due to stress
      Good news! I'm happy to hear that !

One recommendation from me:

Please careful and don't get stress too much. I had a very low level level tinnitus for 20 years. But then about 10 months ago, I got stressed for some stupid reason. My stress had continued about 15 days. Then boom! My tinnitus increased incredibly one day. It is around that high level since that time.

At some people, stress seems to effect cochlea somehow (most probably due to stress hormones).
      So please don't worry for everything.
      There is stress in every day life, of course; but try to avoid stress as much as you can..

Wish you all the best,

• Like Like x 2
      • Hug Hug x 2
      • Winner Winner x 1
    12. briano
      Wishful

briano Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2013
      Awesome news! Now don't think about it and reduce your stress! I'm sooooo happy for you! May we all have that day come soon!

• Like Like x 1
    13. Erlend
      Question it

Erlend Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2013
      I got T DURING my exam week...

Only four or five days after the concert I was so nervous I puked. Is stress and being nervous the same though? I wasn't really stressed at all. Just.. nervous like before you go on stage.

Nailed it though :cool:

14. frohike
      Approved

frohike Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Awesome! stay safe!

• Agree Agree x 1
    15. briano
      Wishful

briano Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2013
      Greetings all,
      I first got tinnitus in the beginning of September 2013. I was listening to an album that I was making and playing the music too loud in my headphones/car. This was all my fault. It only took two weeks of 45 min. per day of listening to cause the my tinnitus. The tinnitus that I've had was a high pitch computer-ish sound along with a hiss. I've been to 3 ear doctors and they told me to try and not think about it and that it may go away and to reduce my stress and anxiety. I've been taking CoQ-10 (60mg), "Clear Tinnitus" (4-5 pills per day) and an herbal supplement called "YinVive Tinnitus" (3 pills per day) and have been praying for the past 2 months. I've also used the doctors advice and tried to not think of the tinnitus sounds and to reduce my stress as much as possible. One of the members of this group said that he would concentrate and think of the hissing sound in his ears and imagine lowering it with a dial and that seemed to work for him. I did that too. I would also turn on the radio or make noise to avoid complete silence. My tinnitus always seemed to be the worst when the room was silent.

I am reluctant to say that I have been cured but it has been 3 days since I've had my tinnitus. I believe that the combination of "Clear Tinnitus", the lowered stress and the "not thinking about it" are the three things that have helped me. If I am not cured, the level of tinnitus is low enough that it is not really a bother to me. I've read the reviews of "Clear Tinnitus" on Amazon.com. It seems to work on 50% of the people. It also seems to start working once you start to use the second bottle of it. For me, that has been the case. Right now, I would recommend trying (2) bottles of this product, lower your stress and to try not to think about the hiss/noise and prayers. I don't know if this helped me because I've only had tinnitus for a short time or if I am just fooling my brain. Either way, I want to share with all of you a possible treatment that may work for you. I'll keep you updated on my situation.

All the best,
      Brian

16. James
      No Mood

James Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Pulsing 03/2013
      AnneG
      Ok, I'm jealous your T is gone. Good for you. I hope it never comes back.
      In the bigger picture,
      I hope you and your family are safe after that terrible Typhoon in the Philippines.
      Not sure I can even fathom that, or have the right words to say,
      it's a terrible lose of life and destruction. I hope your ok and still with the forum.

• Hug Hug x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    17. Sybs
      Inspired

Sybs Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Hi AnneG, very very happy for you, and glad you posted. If it does stay away, please come back here sometimes to keep us informed as it will really give us hope. when I first got it, it would go away completely for a couple of days and then come back but eventually it stabilised till I hardly noticed it for about 5 months. It only came back badly about 3 weeks ago while I was going through terrible stress, so while I don't believe stress causes it, I do believe it can make it worse, so please try not to let anything get you down. All the best.

• Hug Hug x 1
    18. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      AnneG
      Cheerful

AnneG Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/13
      Hey James, Yes i am still in the forum and I'll never leave. I found friends here, Family to some. I am doing great! Thankfully the typhoon didn't really hit us. Though it did hit our relatives on the provinces. My grandparents lost their home, And my aunt and her 12 year old daughter is still missing :(

• Hug Hug x 5
      • Like Like x 1
    19. Sherri786
      Dreaming

Sherri786 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Hello Brian
      Any update ? Thanks.

• Like Like x 2
    20. briano
      Wishful

briano Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2013
      My tinnitus did come back after about 5 or 6 days of silence. It may have been my own fault. I posted my story in an area on this board and then read what other people said about "Clear Tinnitus". After reading all the bad reviews and people calling it a placebo, doubt seeped in and so did the tinnitus hiss. I shouldn't have read the reviews. I really don't care if it is a placebo or not. I'll take any cure. I still think that it works as a temp. relief. So I'm still taking it and trying to continue the battle in my mind. I'll keep you all updated.
      -Brian

• Like Like x 1
    21. LadyDi
      Busy

LadyDi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barotrauma/airplane
      Hey Brian: If you were able to get yourself to a place that you no longer heard your tinnitus, it will happen again. Just work on the distraction part, maybe take a break from the boards for awhile (although we would miss you!)

• Like Like x 1
    22. Sherri786
      Dreaming

Sherri786 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Thanks for the reply Briano, I agree with lady Di
      I think if you had 5/6 days of silence it can happen again , just take good care of your ears.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    23. Drsbkk

Drsbkk Member

Tinnitus Since:
      November 2013
      Hi everyone,

I am a MD and about 36 years old, I got my tinnitus for 2 weeks ago now, started with a high pitch sound as I was relaxing in my couch..I thought it would go away after a sleep but it didn't. I have noticed it gets more clear and louder when I'm having a hectic day and I'm stressed. I made my colleague check my ear with otoscope, everything seemed to be fine. Consulted an ENT..he told me that it might be due to stress, and asked me if I had painful shoulders or neck, which I often have, again due to stress. He told me to go to chiropractor, which is still pending and is a priority on my list.
      Wanted to know if anyone else has been in the same situation?

24. dan
      Chatty

dan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Learn to live with it....isn't that what they teach you in medical school ?
      Seriously though, you can employ the wonderful tools we have such as table top sound machines and mp3 players. If you are still disturbed, you can try CBT or TRT.
      And yes, all of us here are in the same situation, some worse than others.

25. attheedgeofscience
      No Mood

attheedgeofscience Member Podcast Patron Mighty Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Resolved since 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown (medication, head injury)
      "Consulted an ENT..." - did that include a hearing test? Start with a hearing test, if not. People often assume they have good hearing, and that tinnitus must be due to something else. But in +90% of all cases, tinnitus is related to the inner ear.

Personally I don't believe stress can cause tinnitus, but I do believe stress can make existing tinnitus worse.

For somatic tinnitus caused by tense muscles, there are almost always trigger points associated with these. They are easy locate along the side of the neck. To rule out if I had somatic tinnitus or not when I first developed "ringing in the ears", I got procaine injections done for my trigger points. If indeed this is your cause, you should repond quickly.

To maintain good spine health and to avoid the build up of trigger points, I recommend using a foam roller.

26. Drsbkk

Drsbkk Member

Tinnitus Since:
      November 2013
      The ENT consult was over the phone, so no hearingtest was done. I have lidocaine at home, maybe injecting this to trigger points on my tense muscles might help..as the tinnitus is on the same side as my tense neck and shoulder muscles. I was also skeptical to stress causing tinnitus, but he suggested that..and this can be done something with..So I would rather believe in this than inner ear damage which may in most cases be permanent.

27. attheedgeofscience
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      Resolved since 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Once people start developing tinnitus due to tense muscles, it is usually a sign that they have had untreated trigger points for quite some time. I recommend taking it quite seriously; even somatic tinnitus can be permanent, or at least difficult to get rid of.

I don't believe stress can cause tense muscles/trigger points, as you suggest - but incorrect working positions certainly can...!

28. Drsbkk

Drsbkk Member

Tinnitus Since:
      November 2013
      You might be right about that, I do have an incorrect working position during my consultation with patients..however, there is one more thing which I'm worried about. I have used minoxidil due to hair thinning, it has helped a lot, but I read that it might also cause tinnitus. So I quit using it since I got tinnitus, it doesn't seem to reduce it. So overall, I preparing myself to just live with it and hoping for the best.

29. attheedgeofscience
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      Resolved since 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      When I wrote "I recommend taking it seriously", I meant not "playing" around with injections yourself to see if it gets better or not. Go to a chiropractor or even better go to a doctor who specializes in physical rehabilitation medicine; that way you can also get procaine injections done where required.

(Topical) Minoxidil is (very) unlikely to be the culprit. I would not worry about that.

Tinnitus is serious, but it is too early to give up hope.

30. briano
      Wishful

briano Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2013
      Thanks for your support! I hope I can do it again. It was great!