Tinnitus Has Gotten Much Better Since Using Speakers Exclusively Instead of Headphones

Discussion in 'Support' started by LateNightArt, Nov 18, 2020.

1. LateNightArt
      Wishful

LateNightArt Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ETD
      For some background, ironically, I got VERY into headphones after getting tinnitus. It's been around 3 years and I had had 5 pairs throughout that time (2 of which I sold). It was something I really loved, it was kind of a hobby at that point. My initial thought was that I could keep my volume lower if I upgraded my stuff and it never really ended up like that. Eventually, I ended up with a massive spike and since then I have pretty much given headphones up, except for when Skyping family and even then, I take frequent breaks.

It's COVID-19 time at the moment and I am broke, but at this point, I am very uneasy about music listening with headphones. So, I opted for a fairly decent budget pair of Nearfield speakers and I was pleasantly surprised. It's like a revelation. I can work at home with background music, without being overly concerned about duration as long as I keep at quiet to moderate volume, I take breaks every 1-2 hours for usually 15 minutes. It just feels so incredible to really enjoy music again without the anxiety of potentially ruining my ears. That being said, I keep the volume quiet enough that it's inaudible out of my small room, so I'm very careful. Since exclusively using the speakers, my tinnitus has improved so much and I'm so happy.

• Like Like x 1
    2. Michael B
      No Mood

Michael B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      '11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      Great reading this. Congrats on switching from headphones to speakers.