Tinnitus, Headaches, Some Kind of Blindness and Difficulty to Think and Understand

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by kostas, Apr 19, 2017.

1. kostas

kostas Member

Good day,
      I will tell you shortly my story because I'm looking for help.

I have already done many MRIs/MRAs in some parts of my head and neck, some of them were with contrast.
      I did it twice in normal machines 1.5 Tesla and in a newer 3Tesla.
      None showed something, they were “clean”, only some common problems with my neck (osteophytes, 2 small herniation with not big screening (just touching)
      Probably due to an accident I had in the past.
      (5 months after the accident my two small fingers from left hand were numb but after a year the numbness started to decrease, now it's almost gone.)
      Plus I have done some blood tests like hormones etc and was ok too.
      I was also diagnosed (6 years before the tinnitus) with psoriasis arthritis but for the time being it's sleeping as the exams showed and the doctors said.

Maybe during the next week I will have for one night an MRI scanner to scan me.
      They told me that they can check more detailed if they noticed something even small.
      PLUS they told me that I can ask for everything I want to check, AND THAT'S WHERE I NEED YOUR HELP.
      (this scanner is 1.5 tesla)

Two years ago, after being really tensed suddenly it felt as if a nail was put in my head, exactly at the end of the head where the neck begins.
      The pain was the most terrible I had experienced in my life and no painkillers could help.

I remember that I was complaing for tinnitus after the incident .
      It was just one tone high pitched and very clear BUT NOT LOUD and the duration was 1-2 minutes 2 times every day.

After that for maybe a week my neck was locked for about 2 weeks. I was prescribed inflammatory pills (arcoxia).
      I did not took protection for my stomach and I couldn't eat because of my very bad mood.
      (Here I want to notice that before I developed tinnitus this period I was in a VERY BAD MOOD, I was really scared that i was very ill and I would die.)

I stopped using inflammatory after 9 days and I felt without having a cold my nose full of clear sputum, my ears were also kind of full and were creaking (as when you have the flu).
      The following day I had a very clear high pitched sound NOT SO LOUD on my left ear.
      The next days this sound became louder and hoarse (squared).From the left ear it passed to all the head, both ears and the center of my head.
      Sometimes I the sounds are separated and one of them is the same with the other but is PULSATIVE

For the last 2 years I m suffering from the tinnitus. I have these sounds that are changing frequency and position.

Not only I have tinnitus but also terrible headaches that no painkiller can help ( believe me I have tried a lot and strong)
      Sometimes I even feel a kind of blindness , and quite often I feel really stupid, I m not able to think simple things as for example how to open the tap to fill a glass with water.
      I also have stiffness and I feel that the bones of my head are aching.The pain is moving (not always in the same place of the head)

The frequency of “good" and “bad” days at the beginning was 60 really bad days and 1 good.
      When I say bad I mean (except the problems mentioned above) the tinnitus being so loud that I could be next to machines of road construction or in a concert with really loud music or next to an airplane taking off and still have a VERY LOUD TINNITUS.

Now for every 15 bad days I usually have 2-3 bearable. Then I have another bad week and eventually 1-2 good.sometimes these are followed by another 2 bearable.
      When I'm saying bad days today I have to explain that the tinnitus doesn't reach the levels it did before. it is still annoying but it's 30-40% lower

During these 3 years I had 2-3 days that for some hours the tinnitus DISAPPEARED.!!!!

I have to mention that I had already earlier the feeling of my ears being full sometimes but during the first year of tinnitus it was everyday bigger.
      Except that I had pain in the ears without reason.

Another thing was that the tinnitus was really louder when I turned my head in both directions but now this happens only when I turned right and is more noticeable when I am in the good days.
      Also the sound is louder when I am chewing with the back teeth.
      I tried remeron for 15 months without luck and they prescribed to me benzodiazepines but this is not a solution.
      I also tried to smoke pure cannabis and it really helped me but even this is not a solution either because I am 42 years old and I have left those things behind.
      I live in dark with big depression like many of you.
      My life is stopped.

Here I need your help.
      What and were to check again when I will have the day inside the MRi scanner?
      I can ask the operator for anything that this Mri Scanner support that day.
      Thank you and I wish a better life soon to all of you.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Sorry to hear your struggles with tinnitus. If you questions on MTI are not answered in this introduction section of TT, you may want to do search by entering MRI in the search box. There are many discussions of MRI in the past. Perhaps you can find something from the archived threads.

If your T can be changed by movement of your head or muscles, it may be somatic in nature. Try check out for TMJ, TTTS, neck muscle problems etc. Good luck. God bless.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      kostas

kostas Member

Thank you billie48!

Also noticed that sometimes when I turn the head down the tinnitus is getting louder as if I have fluid (or the flesh is moving?) which closes the ears (from the back of the head) so the sound sounds louder.
      But in the Mris I am clean, the Sinuses have only rests from old sinusitis.

You will laugh but many times (especially when is not in its peak) is getting really louder (more in the center, back of the head)
      WHEN I PUSH (hard) in the toilet to make poo!

Something else that looks important is that in some periods when I am standing up from the couch the sound is GETTING LOWER.
      Some of this periods (1-2 months) is getting so LOW that is hardly noticeable!
      And when I sit again is getting so loud, even in front of the speakers.
      Huge difference.

First I was thinking that the tinnitus is not getting lower, it sounds lower because when I am standing up I hear better because the ears are higher so I hear all the surrounding sounds better and they cover tinnitus.
      But after many weeks and many tests I was sure that this was wrong and the tinnitus was getting lower or eliminated!

But as I told you this happened in the first 20 months for a sort period of 1-2 months.
      It's happening now as well but the difference is not so great.

((In the first part I forgot to tell that sometimes I can not see very well for a short (1-2 days) or for a long period (1,5 month).
      The most of the times when this happens I have unbelievable headaches for the same periods.
      Except that I have always, every day headaches.
      They are changing/moving headaches (each day) but I live with this.
      I have been to the doctors about my Eyes but they can not find anything.
      The ONLY thing THEY AND I understand, is that one day I can see 100% and the other 60%.
      All that without a reason according the doctors.

Plus it is hard for my mind to thing.
      I feel stupid like my mind lost a part of his strength to understand quick and to thing quick.
      This last one really made me upset. My family and clise friends have noticed this as well.
      I got used to even that, but the tinnitus still remains the biggest problem.

• Hug Hug x 1
    4. IvanRogosic

IvanRogosic Member

Tinnitus Since:
      February 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Sorry to hear about your problems.Even tough I'm 14 years old hopefully I can tell you my experience with T.It may not be as loud as yours but it made me depressed and sad aswell.My T can only be heard if I'm in a silent room,but it changes when I lay down.It quite weird and freightning.My doctor told me to think about other "stuff" until we find another solution.I don't know the cause of my tinnitus since I have listened to loud music,had head injuries and had ear infections.Most of the doctors at my nearby hospital say It will go away but it has been 2 months and it's still here.Its a real struggle and I don't know what to do.You probably feel the same way.If I was you I'd seriously talk with your doctors,tell them all your symptoms and let them do whats needed.You are the patient and their job is to find the problem(or atleast try to find the problem).Good luck,hopefully it will get better.