Tinnitus Increasing When Lowering Chin to the Chest?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Ilovemytinnitus, Feb 3, 2016.

?

Is it increasing T-intensity when lowering the head to the chest indicative?

1. YES, I have a similar experience

9 vote(s)
    81.8%
  2. NO, my intensity of tinnitus remains unchanged in relation to posture of the head / neck shift

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  3. My opinion is that the amplification of soundis is caused by neurological factors

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  4. My opinion is that the amplification of sound is caused by cardiovascular strain when exercise

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
    1. Ilovemytinnitus
      Question it

Ilovemytinnitus Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/1993
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      pain
      Dear friends,
      for some time Im doing intensive exercises for the neck and spine
      and various exercises in Chinese traditional medicine to stabilize and balance energy.
      My tinnitus and problems resulted from this situation is drastically reduced - I feel it in myself and my calmness, concentration and willpower.
      Somehow I think I'm on track to unchain completely from my own tinnitus.
      Although I'm not sure of the cause of my tinnitus, indications are in mixture of stress, unhealthy nutrition at that time, psychological pain and probably part of influence take bad body posture, of the spinal column.

The improvement is probably due to a complete lifestyle change of eating, cleaning treatment, strengthening the immune system and vital force to the meditation and the stabilization of energy and changing states of consciousness through affirmation.
      But despite all these improvements do not want to neglect the influence of the physical characteristics of the spine and neck, which may cause blockage of the nerve pathways and thereby the free flow of different kind impulses of energy.

Currently noise is on the left side of the head increases when lowering the chin to the chest. Does anyone have similar experience and is that increasing intensity noise when lowering the head to the chest indicative of a certain disorder or is it generally the case?

Qapla'!

• Like Like x 1
    2. baz 22
      Alone

baz 22 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      I find when I lie down my T increases, not sure why.

3. Dana
      Busy

Dana Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      When the T can be manipulated in intensity or frequency by certain movements of the head or jaw or neck, it is called that "we have somatic tinnitus" too.
      When I lower the head to the chest I get a second noise, but on the right side, which means that I have a problem with the structures on my right side (you have on the left side). I noticed that this happens only when I lower my head forcefully, meaning with contraction of the muscles. If I lower my head trying to do it with as little muscle contractions as possible (helping the head toward the chest with my hands, in other words "passive kyneto") the noise doesn't appear. That indicates to me that it's not so much "the position of the head" that triggers the noise, but the "contractions of the participating muscles" that made that change in the position of the head possible.
      One participating muscle (the sterno-cleido-mastoid (SCM) muscle) is attached to the mastold bone. Pulling on the mastoid bone creates tension even on the inside part of the mastoid bone, perceived and transmitted to the ossicles in the middle ear, which leads to a sensation of sound (tinnitus).
      At least that is an attempt to an explanation of the phenomenon (the noise some hear when changing the head position) that I heard, and in which I believe. I personally believe more in this theory than in the "cross-talk theory".

• Genius Genius x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ilovemytinnitus
      Question it

Ilovemytinnitus Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/1993
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      pain
      This is good observation, the same is with me. And where can be found details about "cross-talk theory"?

5. Dana
      Busy

Dana Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      @Ilovemytinnitus
      Here, for example, but there are dozens of articles that state this theory:
      http://www.randombio.com/tinnitus.html

"When the noise is made better or worse by changes in bodily posture, or arm or neck movements, the patient has "somatic tinnitus." Somatic tinnitus is usually unilateral. In its earliest stages, it may be caused by hearing trauma, an injury, or a muscle contraction (such as by grinding one's teeth) that compresses some part of the auditory system. Later, cross-talk occurs between the signals the muscles send to the brain and the signals from the ear."

I agree with the part that says that says that a contracted muscle can compress parts of the auditory system.
      Anyway, which theory is correct is not so important, as in both theories the solution is to treat the muscles, especially SCM muscle.

Same solution in proposed in this article:
      http://yts.se/english/treatment.htm
      "The main goal is to reduce the muscular tension to a level that makes the symptoms disappear"

• Useful Useful x 1