Tinnitus Inducing Nausea

Discussion in 'Support' started by GBB, Sep 3, 2020.

1. GBB

GBB Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2016-2019 (Mild, Cured) 8/2020 (Severe)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Virus / Microsuction / Acoustic Trauma
      This is a bit difficult for me to describe, but does anyone else have a pressure from their tinnitus that seems to induce nausea?

My tinnitus is ultra high pitch and seems to cause a visceral reaction in my ears, where my ears and head feel really full.

I have been taking a motion sickness medication to cope, but curious if anyone else has this. I do not have vertigo, and this has been more or less continual for the 40 days I've had this, so I do not think it is Meniere's.

Sometimes my tinnitus seems so high pitched I can barely perceive it, but the feeling and pressure it induces is very powerful, almost like my injured nerves/ear are firing an extremely high frequency and hard to discern signal, but at very high power.

I know it sounds crazy, but it is very palpable. It's as though the tinnitus is not truly a noise, but instead a feeling sometimes. Curious if I am alone in this regard.

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. Mark Hopkins

Mark Hopkins Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/3/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      I unfortunately don’t have any advice or guidance, but wanted to let you know this description matches my symptoms exactly.

I was apparently exposed to damaging noise levels at a concert about a month and a half ago and have had an extremely high pitched rigging ever sense. Feeling of fullness even pressure in the middle ear and nausea constantly. Also a motion sickness feeling.

Would love an update if your symptoms ever subsided or if you found a way to cope?

• Hug Hug x 1