Tinnitus Is Gone After I Detected the Root Cause (Neck)

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by InDespair, Jul 13, 2019.

1. InDespair

InDespair Member

Tinnitus Since:
      15/12/2014
      Tinnitus started in 2014.

It started in a stressful time; I've been sitting wrong in front of my PC and injured some muscles of my neck. Arrogant doctors who said it was not my neck, turned out to be wrong. 99.99% of doctors do not know anything about neck muscles - that was my biggest problem so I had to study every inch of my neck anatomy and finally detected a dysfunctional fiber that belongs to a muscle called trapezius. I even reported it here (and falsely called it a different muscle because of ignorance):

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/thread...t-from-loud-noise-exposure.34785/#post-443086

Anyways, I've developed a very short exercise for it by my own and my tinnitus is gone.
      bad news is there is some sort of tendinitis in that small fiber, so my tinnitus returns once every 4-5 days for maybe half an hour because that piece of fiber tends to wear down, but every time it returns I just do my very simple exercise and it goes away for many days. And I am talking about complete silence.

I'd be much happier right now but I have still got different diseases caused by other neck conditions which brings me down... at least I've got silence.

• Winner Winner x 6
      • Like Like x 4
      • Informative Informative x 2
    2. GSC
      Wishful

GSC Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma.
      What's the exercise.

• Good Question Good Question x 4
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      InDespair

InDespair Member

Tinnitus Since:
      15/12/2014
      First let me say that my injury is very rare so I don't want to raise anyone's hope.
      I'll look in google if I can find anything similar to it but I doubt I will find it.
      description: you take your hand as close as you can to the to the side of your pelvis, and simply pull the hand down to the floor OR take your hand as close as you can to the side of your pelvis, and elevate your shoulder up. every set for 3-4 seconds X 5 times. it should feel VERY tight in the neck. btw I also tend to sit in my day to day life in a very specific portion to avoid activating this muscle.

• Informative Informative x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    4. Mathew Gould

Mathew Gould Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck/Jaw misalignment
      What does this do for the neck? Yeah look for a YouTube video like this exercise if you can... I think traction has helped my neck a little. What does your neck feel like? Mine doesn't move the way it used to and kind of feels jammed a little, even though it has gotten better. My neck doesn't crack like it used to either from a chiropractor.

5. MarkX

MarkX Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Yes I believe mine is neck related as well. Your tinnitus is somatic I’m guessing? How long did you do the exercise before your tinnitus stopped?

6. Mathew Gould

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck/Jaw misalignment
      Did your tinnitus get better over time or did you just wake up one day and it was basically gone?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      InDespair

InDespair Member

Tinnitus Since:
      15/12/2014
      I can't say it was getting better. there was simply two states: no tinnitus and tinnitus.
      Waking up has got nothing to do with it.

It's just a question of how inflamed this certain muscle I was referring to is.
      after a lot of time I kind of mastered how to calm it down (keeping good posture and shoulder exercise), and it puts my tinnitus to sleep after 2-3 hours (gradually) until it comes back few days later.

I will be looking for a permanent solution but since it calmed down, I am trying to fix other life issues before.

• Like Like x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    8. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      Very happy for you.

9. Mathew Gould

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck/Jaw misalignment
      I wake up with annoying tinnitus 50% of the time and tinnitus I can barely hear 50% of the time in the last 1.5 years. I'm pretty sure it's just random.

10. Tinniger

Tinniger Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Uncertain, now very somatic, started with noise?
      I suspect, however, that somatic tinnitus also interferes with the head position during sleep.
      But of course this is only a causal assumption...

• Informative Informative x 1
    11. Mathew Gould

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck/Jaw misalignment
      Yeah I USED to sleep on my stomach with my neck cranked up in a weird position... Now I sleep (not as good) on my side.

12. MarkX

MarkX Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I have somatic tinnitus and wasn’t due to loud noise. I don't know where it came from. Every time I try and do exercises it seems to make it worse and louder? Does anyone who has somatic tinnitus get worse with neck exercises? I went to physiotherapy and had a loud spike for a week.

13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      InDespair

InDespair Member

Tinnitus Since:
      15/12/2014
      I had insane spikes trying to figure out what is the main cause behind it. That is because I used the shotgun method and tried everything. the spikes did not stop me because I knew I was getting closer to figure out the problem. don't let it stop you...

14. MarkX

MarkX Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @InDespair
      Oh good. So I will keep trying. How long did you do the exercises before you started to see relief?