Tinnitus Is Very Loud After Every Meal

Discussion in 'Support' started by beach house, Feb 9, 2020.

1. beach house

beach house Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      dunno yet
      Hello,

Can someone please help out with the following? The doctors aren't doing jack...

Back in August, when it started, food had no effect on tinnitus. In November I did a gastroscopy, it was revealed that I had a case of helicobacter pylori, pangastritis, duodenitis - supposedly very common in everyone. So they gave me antibiotics. For 9.5 days I took amoxicillin, josamycin, and omeprazole. I was taking probiotics as well, during and after the course. Shortly after the deal, food affects the tinnitus. At first I thought it was gluten but I don't eat much of that anyway, so I stopped completely. Then the blame went to carbs/starchy food. I minimise it but no luck with spikes that I can hear in a tram. Usually my tinnitus can be 'silenced' by a conversation's loudness but when I have a meal, the volume knob is ripped off with the volume left at the highest level. In the morning, when the food is digested, it gets back to the August's level, the baseline. Oh, my silent ear has developed a sound, since about a month. My eyes are bloodshot since September, I have all kinds of tingles/sensations, mostly on my head but the food makes it worse. One day my leg felt like it was prodded with needles.

The darnest thing - if I don't eat, a spike is also gonna occur. WTH!

My theory is that I have gastro issues which in turn affect the nerves but try telling doctors that! I'd have to be graphically ill to get a referral. They don't want to see a connection, my experience with them is abysmal, unless I pay. But i'd have to take a plane, and with nCoV going around, I don't want to risk it (though, both countries are far from the source; it's just I don't know who's going to be on the plane).

Thanks for any advice,
      bh

I also started waking up at 1, 2 or 3 a.m, even if I go to sleep at 10 or 11 p.m. It's not the noise but I don't know what the cause is...

2. jasonbourne

jasonbourne Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise
      Do you have IBS by any chance? The gut is linked to your emotions, and anxiety increases tinnitus volume.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      beach house

beach house Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      dunno yet
      I don't know, how do you test it? I had pretty bad stings in the abdomen pre-antibiotics, that was the reason I went to see a gastroenterologist mainly. I don't seem to observe any other ibs syndroms.

I am quite a nervous person but nothing much is going on before and after food anxiety-wise.

4. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Single 25 mg dose of (anticholinergic) drug Promethazine
      @beach house -- That sounds about right to me as well; antibiotics can really mess up the entire GI tract, leading to leaky gut syndrome, and ongoing intestinal infection. -- I'd highly recommend taking a look at the following remarkably good video (22-minutes) to get some tips on what may be going on, and some ideas on how to rectify it:

How I Reversed Chronic Constipation Using Coffee Enemas! | SIBO IBS-C Gallstones

I don't know if it's mentioned in the video, but bone broth can be especially healing for the gut. Some naturopathic doctors recommend fasting on just bone broth for several days as a great way to start healing the gut.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      beach house

beach house Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      dunno yet
      Thank you, will give it a go.

• Like Like x 1