Tinnitus Just Got Worse Again, Feeling Very Down :(

Discussion in 'Support' started by Kuppz90, Oct 15, 2016.

1. Kuppz90
      Worried

Kuppz90 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      So I got my tinnitus almost 3 years ago, which after a couple months I got a bit better and handled it pretty well, a year later I had a setback which left me feeling very down for a month or so.

Before i got T, i struggled with anxiety for many years beforehand, and i get very easily afraid of stuff and think of the worst when i feel or get something new, my other setbacks of T seems to always come from my anxiety.

Anyways, last week i got another setback by getting exposed to this imitated tinnitus sound in a video, this sound is annoying and usually don't bother me, but listening to it for a bit made me focused on my own T and triggered my anxiety, prior to this happening i just went through 2 months of general anxiety so i was more vulnerable i suppose, and of course when my anxiety gets loose on my tinnitus and my mind starts focusing on it all the time, and it gets louder which makes me afraid and cant get it off my mind, my hyperacusis gets bad again and I'm afraid its never going to calm down, and on Wednesday i got this new ringing in my right ear along with a fullness feeling which comes and goes, it also feels slightly sore sometimes.

The most annoying thing is that this new ringing i cant mask that good with a fan that I've been using for the past years so its constantly annoying me and driving me crazy, I'm hoping this sudden new sound will eventually pass since it came so sudden, and that over the next weeks my depression and anxiety calms as it have in the past, but of course I'm always thinking the worst :-(

I also got just 2 hours of sleep this night cause i couldn't avoid focusing on my T and that makes it even louder, it feels like the volume gets turned up a bit after laying there for some time :/ and my anxiety triggers which makes my body all tense and afraid... and then its very hard to fall asleep, and if i do i often wake up quickly again.

2. MikeP505
      Curious

MikeP505 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Punishment for being so darn good looking!
      Hey Kuppz.

Sorry to hear about this new and louder intrusion. Are you taking anything for depression and or anxiety? Are you doing anything that may help lower anxiety like a bit of exercise, getting out more and enjoying the day, eating better??

We can get so focused on the things that bother us and this will make us a prisoner in our own homes. You have to break thru this madness and get out and enjoy life once in awhile. Also be careful what you read on the internet. Too much advice is bad advice!

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kuppz90
      Worried

Kuppz90 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Hi :) no I'm not taking any meds for anxiety, as I've not been too positive for it, with all the side effects and stuff, i kinda want to get better on my own, which isn't always so easy :/ i have been thinking about it and when i visited my doctor yesterday to talk about my anxiety and this recent spike in my T, he did suggest a lower dose than what is given for depression to perhaps help with my anxiety.

I'm not very good on the exercise part or getting out, i take trips downtown every now & then and sometimes go for a walk, along with the usual everyday stuff. I'm eating okay normally, probably not the healthiest but not too bad, of course now that I'm feeling very down i don't have much of an appetite, or wanting to do anything at all, like I'm just waiting for the day to pass and hope its better the next.

When my anxiety is under control I'm usually a quiet person that likes to be home and relax, i don't really go out and do stuff, which I'm happy with so i don't feel like my anxiety is holding back things i want to do.