Tinnitus Much Worse During My Period?

Discussion in 'Support' started by worriedd, Apr 27, 2016.

tinnitus forum
    1. worriedd

worriedd Member

Tinnitus Since:
      20/03/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Fluid, from a cold. No noise damage or infection.
      Hey, so I'm on my period at the moment and suddenly the pitch of my tinnitus has increased massively and is now screeching. This happened in my last period as well. I have very bad circulation, do you think that could be connected? I'm thinking of getting myself checked for anemia as well. The only time it seems to get better during these times is when I'm lying on my bed, which is quite weird. Praying that it decreases in sound like last time.

2. zombiechick
      Probing

zombiechick Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Medication and hearing loss
      I think this is quite normal. The surge in horomones and what not. Mine always picked up in volume but would go down shortly after my period or once my flow decreased.

3. Marie79

Marie79 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/1/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      For sure. T gets louder when you are more stressed so for me PMS really really really heightens everything. Also hormones as well can make T louder. I have definitely noticed a correlation.

4. worriedd

worriedd Member

Tinnitus Since:
      20/03/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thanks for your replies, was a little worried it might just be me. How many days would you say this usually lasts for? Sorry, its just affecting me quite a lot because my tinnitus has been gradually improving and then bam, a lot louder. Do you think taking some iron supplements could help? Its quite likely I am anaemic.

5. Sparkle92

Sparkle92 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/16, constant since 3/1/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Virus, Allergies, TMJ, Stress
      I too am experiencing a big spike during my period. Does it usually do down once it ends or lessens?

6. worriedd

worriedd Member

Tinnitus Since:
      20/03/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I found that after my period stops the next morning it will be back to its normal level, I've also found that my tinnitus is being effected by it less and less everytime, so I think maybe its just something that takes a while for the body to get used to

• Like Like x 1
    7. Jamie m
      Loved

Jamie m Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/13/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music
      since my T, everytime I get my period I get more emotional then I have ever been and it causes a spike. It's so strange and it's always like two or three days before I start

8. Beste
      Disappointed

Beste Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/16/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo/Clonazepam, Stress
      I'm about to have my period amd my T is spiking so bad that made me really suicidal.

9. glynis-harbron
      Feminine

glynis-harbron Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Ambassador Team Awareness Team Research

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Try waterfalls or anyother water retension medication so get rid of access fluid in your body and ears....lots of love glynis

• Like Like x 1
    10. hartje5
      Wishful

hartje5 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      4 december 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Verapamil, Flecainide, Apixaban, stress
      Same here. My T actually started 3 days before I had my periode. I think hormones play a big role.

11. Sparkle92

Sparkle92 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yes I think hormones play a big role.

I have one other question. Canonize at a restaurant that is about 75 to 80 decibels for 1 and a half hours cause damage? Or just a temporary spike? I'm worried. I wish I had my ear plugs on me. I also took about a 10 minute break to get away from the noise. @glynis-harbron do you know what the acceptable noise exposure is and for how long in order to prevent hearing damage? Thanks I advance

12. glynis-harbron
      Feminine

glynis-harbron Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Ambassador Team Awareness Team Research

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Its about 85db but I always go by 80 ...not sure about the times but I'm sure someone will be along to reply ....
      Lots of love glynis

• Like Like x 1
    13. Jamie m
      Loved

Jamie m Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/13/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music
      I think you will be fine :D I went a restaurant, that was giving me a 75-82 dbs but I took my ear plugs out so I could enjoy the food and I just got a little spike but it went down to baseline. I also work at a retail store that is 65-74 dbs for 8 hours a day and it's fine. I got to Mexican restaurants frequent with my friends and I know it's loud in there but never over 85 and I just don't think about it and eat eat eat. I hope It settles down!!!

• Like Like x 1
    14. worriedd

worriedd Member

Tinnitus Since:
      20/03/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I'm 99% sure you'll be fine and its a temporary spike. I get a lot of them, but its important to remember it will go down eventually.

15. Sparkle92

Sparkle92 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thanks @Jamie m and @worriedd. That's good to know Jamie that you don't get spikes at restaurants or from working long hours at your retail job, I'm less worried now hearing that! I think my main concern is because I'm young, I don't want it getting worse. I'm getting married in A few months as well so my stress has been high with all the big life events that will be happening. But thanks!! I hope it settles down too :)

• Hug Hug x 1
    16. Jamie m
      Loved

Jamie m Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/13/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music
      @Sparkle92 I'm young too :( 28 how old are you? I'm glad it made you more better knowing you can go to restaurants. I love eating so it would be painful if I couldn't! We will get through this!!

• Hug Hug x 1
    17. Sparkle92

Sparkle92 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Jamie m I'm 25, 28 is young too. Yes I love eating! I don't want to worry every time I go out. I agree, we will get through this! Maybe there will be better treatments too in our lifetime.

18. worriedd

worriedd Member

Tinnitus Since:
      20/03/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      My period has started again and so has the screeching, although I have to admit I seem to be dealing better with it, probably because I now know its only temporary. Hopefully this spike will finish quicker as I have exams this week.