Tinnitus Much Worse During My Period?

Discussion in 'Support' started by worriedd, Apr 27, 2016.

1. worriedd

worriedd Member

Tinnitus Since:
      20/03/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Fluid, from a cold. No noise damage or infection.
      I'm on my period at the moment and suddenly the pitch of my tinnitus has increased massively and is now screeching. This happened in my last period as well.

I have very bad circulation, do you think that could be connected?

I'm thinking of getting myself checked for anemia as well. The only time it seems to get better during these times is when I'm lying on my bed, which is quite weird. Praying that it decreases in sound like last time.

2. zombiechick
      Probing

zombiechick Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Medication and hearing loss
      I think this is quite normal. The surge in horomones and what not. Mine always picked up in volume but would go down shortly after my period or once my flow decreased.

3. Marie79

Marie79 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/1/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      For sure. Tinnitus gets louder when you are more stressed, so for me PMS really really really heightens everything. Also, hormones can make tinnitus louder. I have definitely noticed a correlation.

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. Sparkle92

Sparkle92 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/16, constant since 3/1/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Virus, Allergies, TMJ, Stress
      I too am experiencing a big spike during my period. Does it usually do down once it ends or lessens?

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      worriedd

worriedd Member

Tinnitus Since:
      20/03/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Fluid, from a cold. No noise damage or infection.
      I found that after my period stops the next morning it will be back to its normal level. I've also found that my tinnitus is being affected by it less and less everytime, so I think maybe it's just something that takes a while for the body to get used to.

• Like Like x 1
    6. Beste
      Disappointed

Beste Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/16/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo/Clonazepam, Stress
      I'm about to have my period and my tinnitus is spiking so bad. It's making me suicidal.

7. Lulu187

Lulu187 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1 week ago
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I had tinnitus in my right ear a few years ago. It started in my left ear today! It's been 30 minutes and it has not gone away.

Today is the first day of my period. I'm suicidal right now. The left ear was my good ear, now it is louder than my right ear.

8. Shera
      Bookworm

Shera Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/9/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      head trama caused TMJ/neck problems/ETD
      I feel you. That's what mine did. Except I had it louder in my left and then almost none in my right. Then one night a few hours into sleeping boom.

It could just be a flare up. Though your period could be amping your emotions up. Go get some support and just try to wait it out. I know it sucks and it's beyond frustrating/scary.

• Hug Hug x 1
    9. Lulu187

Lulu187 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1 week ago
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thanks for the reassurance, just want to say that it was just temporary and did go away once my period started. This has been the second time now. I still have my original ring in the right ear along with a hiss that I developed at a club last Saturday stupidly didn't wear earplugs and got excited that COVID-19 restrictions were easing.

• Hug Hug x 2
    10. Shera
      Bookworm

Shera Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/9/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      head trama caused TMJ/neck problems/ETD
      Glad it was just temporary.