Tinnitus? No More!

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Harry, May 30, 2015.

1. Harry
      Cold

Harry Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/29/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Out of the Blue
      Finally after suffering from tinnitus for 6 months, I can say that I coming back to terms with my life prior to tinnitus.
      Tinnitus is no more the first thing that I think about when I get up in the morning and neither its the last thing while sleeping. My tinnitus has gone down from what started as 10/10 to 2/10 or sometimes 1/10 but most of the day, i don't even hear it. I really have to look for it even in the most silent room and realizing that its not there anymore, the peace I get is incomparable. Its been a month my tinnitus has gone down to this levels and I hope it doesn't show up even if I have to sacrifice everything and not just discs, clubs, gigs iPod and stuff.
      This is what I did and I am still doing which I think has helped me get to the point I am today. After trying medicines, prescriptions, therapies which obviously didn't work and wasting thousand of dollars on consultations, flight tickets I assumed, that's it, I'm done living my life to the fullest and hence forth each day is gonna be a struggle to the ultimate death.
      Few months back when I was completely shattered, had no light of hope and was almost suicidal, I came across a Vaidhya (Ayurvedic doctor) who is almost 80 yrs old and has been treating diseases with his experience and the medicines that occur naturally. I told him about my struggle and how each day was a passing hell. He advised me to do four things rigorously without thinking if I'll ever be cured. These are the four things I did and am still doing:

1 Viloma Pranayama yoga
      http://www.ekhartyoga.com/blog/viloma-pranayama

2 Pressing pressure points: pressing ear pressure point on both hands daily 3 times 5 mins daily
      pressure-points-on-hand.jpg

3. Having almond extract along with milk (1 spoon) and applying it on head while sleeping.
      This is what I use
      images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRzRtgMb5-KgxJjFQ994_P1uarwtMlbcZ3VlTWNIDehU9WSqsPNyw.jpg

4. Eating 5 soaked almonds daily.

Thats pretty much it. These four things and here I am leading a normal life again without the tinnitus . I think the first two helped me get rid of my anxiety and the second two eliminated my tinnitus but I don't know how afterall I am no doctor. If you have any questions, feel free to ask

• Like Like x 7
      • Winner Winner x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    2. Tamika
      No Mood

Tamika Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      One loud indoor concert
      Hi Harry
      Thanks for sharing your great story of success. I've just been watching the breathing video link. From what you have described although T has not absolutely gone at 1/10 you mean you are 100% habituated so its as good as gone for you?

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Harry
      Cold

Harry Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/29/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Out of the Blue
      My T is down to 1/10 which is as good as gone but I can hear it once in a while but it doesn't bother. I guess habituation also played its part and is a continuous process. You can say I'm still habituating and will surely get in better position from what I'm right now.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Harry
      Cold

Harry Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/29/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Out of the Blue
      And by applying it on my head, I meant only applying the almond extract on the head and massaging before sleeping and not the milk and extract mixture.
      The mixture is only for drinking in the morning and I put one teaspoon of extract in one cup full of milk and have it in breakfast.
      Apologize for being unclear.

• Like Like x 1
    5. SusanGee

SusanGee Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      I'm really pleased for you Harry. Ive had T for 3 months now and it had reduced in volume some what. I'm hoping it continues to reduce and like you becomes barely noticeable. Can I please ask how your T started?

6. dboy
      Jaded

dboy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2007 & 8/2013
      Congratulations on a great result @Harry. I remember your post when your t started so it is really good to know things have worked out ok. Thanks for sharing that. :)

7. shantelle

shantelle Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise induced
      I recently asked my audiologist and she says everyone has t...a experiment was done where they put say 100 healthy no t individuals into a sound proof room and 94% of them reported that they had ringing...they just dont notice it as its not a problem. Once someone has had loud t they constantly notice it as its louder than average. So i think 1/10 is Not a issue anymore...thats positive news. And enough to love silence again. Besides nothing is completely silent..furnace, fridge noise, humming from lights...we just ignore those noises...why cant we ignore the t? Im trying but my goodness its exhausting.

• Hug Hug x 1
    8. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Danny Boy Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      I might give that a try..I am skeptical of course, but anything's worth a try. Thank for sharing and I'm glad you're in a much better place.

9. patwalsh
      Confused

patwalsh Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2015
      Hi Harry. What part of your head do you apply the almond extract?

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Harry
      Cold

Harry Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/29/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Out of the Blue
      @SusanGee My T started out of no where. I slept fine and it was there when I woke up. I can attribute it to the stress I had because of my M.Sc. exams and research projects and the chronic sinus problem I suffered with.

• Like Like x 1
    11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Harry
      Cold

Harry Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/29/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Out of the Blue
      @patwalsh I generally apply it all over my head while massaging on my forehead, central head and right above the ears.

• Like Like x 1
    12. patwalsh
      Confused

patwalsh Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2015
      Thanks Harry, will give a go

13. Roger Larsson

Roger Larsson Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2003
      In what way is the almond extract supposed to help? I don´t see the connection to tinnitus, this is actually the first time I have ever heard about almond extract.

14. gaurav

gaurav Member

Tinnitus Since:
      recently about 15 days
      Harry bhai
      I jus love you
      U can understand my feeling this moment
      And still i dont have even read your full post.

Bhai (brother) can i talk to u once email - gks1995@yahoo.in

15. spiiros

spiiros Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/05/15
      the other day i was reading an article about the connection of tinnitus and zinc. Many people who have tinnitus have lack of zinc.

Almonds are a great source of zinc

• Like Like x 1
    16. patwalsh
      Confused

patwalsh Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2015
      That interesting. I've just put my first handful of Almonds on soak for a few hours

17. gaurav

gaurav Member

Tinnitus Since:
      recently about 15 days
      Is your T reduced by the process told by mr. Harry ?

18. SusanGee

SusanGee Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Hi Gaurav
      No not the same process. I think mine has just settled down/reduced with time thankfully. I take a small dose of diazapam a day and a few supplements (NAC, vit C, zinc, magnesium, vit B and D) but that's it really . I take 15mg of mirtazapine at night to help sleep and I find that it also reduces the volume of the T at night as well. I'm going give the soaked almonds a try to see if it helps to reduce the volume even more.

• Like Like x 1
    19. patwalsh
      Confused

patwalsh Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2015
      Hi Gaurav, I've had T for 7 weeks now, it's got louder the last couple of weeks. I had my first batch of soaked almonds today so I will see how it goes. I have problems sleeping so take zopiclone at night. When the anxiety hits me I take propranolol to help calm me down

20. gaurav

gaurav Member

Tinnitus Since:
      recently about 15 days
      Hi patwalsh

I want to advice you one thing that is
      I am very much sur about the point said by harry
      And mainly that poimt of ear in hand
      As I am from india
      so I can undeestand these type of therapy.
      &
      I think as I read many posts my tinnitus is due to ipod usage for a long time, I think 4-5 years
      So if u have more info about this type of tinnitus then pls tell me and if some one have success story in this cause of tinnitus then please tell me as I am a new patient.
      Thank you so much.

21. gaurav

gaurav Member

Tinnitus Since:
      recently about 15 days
      Hey thanks
      Hi susangee
      Will u please tell me your cause?
      Thanks for reply

22. SusanGee

SusanGee Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      I got it from a very severe ear infection in both ears

• Useful Useful x 1
    23. Smile123
      Depressed

Smile123 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2014
      Hi Harry,
      I am Suffering from this from September, 2014. My life has become hell and my family also disturbed so much because of me. I am from India, could you please let me know from which place the Ayurveda doctor u met

24. Jay M
      Thinking

Jay M Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4/4/14
      I thought you said you were "cured" in several other threads while promoting the use of kepra or some other drug?

25. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Danny Boy Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Cured from hyperacusis yes. From tinnitus, a cool reduction from a 10 t0 2-3.

• Hug Hug x 1
    26. canisaz

canisaz Member

Hi Harry, thank you for sharing, how are you this days? How did you soaked your almonds? And did you massage your head with the oil and went directly to sleep? Thank you.