Tinnitus Only Present Around High-Pitch Sound — What Kind of TRT Should I Have and What to Expect?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Ciaran88, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Ciaran88

Ciaran88 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      In all honesty, probably anxiety
      In quiet environments or in noisy environments without much high pitch sound my tinnitus has now more or less resolved. This is two weeks after it started, and I increasingly. Elusive I had a normal moment of "fleeting tinnitus" that my brain latch onto and made into the two week hell I have had.

I have a normal audiogram and all ENTs have told me that there's no likely underlying pathology: i.e. This is idiopathic tinnitus, probably anxiety driven.

So I am wondering what kind of TRT I should be using at this point and what I can expect from here?

I'm told it's good that my tinnitus is more or less resolved in quite environments but that I must not avoid sounds that trigger it.

White noise like rain is very good at keeping the tinnitus a constant hiss above the sound and I have been sleeping like this for 2 days now.

Am I doing the right thing thing and can anyone relate to getting to this point?