Tinnitus Question: Has Anyone Experienced It Going From Ringing to a Really Constant Low Tone?

Discussion in 'Support' started by acmommyx3, Nov 2, 2015.

1. acmommyx3

acmommyx3 Member

I already know I have Tinnitus, but has anyone else experienced it go from a ringing to a really constant low tone? My doctor says its more likely to get worse as my hearing gets worse just not sure what all Tinnitus does. If that makes sense.

• Winner Winner x 1
    2. Libby2

Libby2 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Birth Control Pill depleting B vitamins and Zinc -
      Yes, I've had high pitched ringing since age 36 and it began within 3 weeks of going onto birth control pills. I think the tinnitus was from my already low thyroid condition being further suppressed. I went through multiple ENT doctor appointments, hearing tests, trialed on antihistamines - nothing helped. I am now 58 and have a definite pattern of what makes it worse (alcohol, diuretics, loud noise) and now for the past 4-5 months I'm experiencing the addition of a low rumbling pitched tinnitus which comes/goes. It went away for over a month and it now back. It sounds like there is a big engine truck idling out in the street. It does not bother me much, just annoying, but makes me nuts to
      wonder what is causing my 20+ year high pitched tinnitus to now be layered with a deeper sound too. No answers...

3. Gman
      No Mood

Gman Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxic earwax drops, worsened by MDs (Muppet Doctors)
      I’ve experienced it at various frequencies, ultra high, high, mid, low and pulsatile ultra low doozy. Sounds like a subwoofer, like some people are having a dance party next door (but in my head).
      Sometimes multiple freqs and sometimes one or two at the same time. My hearing is within normal, at least on a standard test.

4. 1MW
      No Mood

1MW Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2008 but cured and relapsed from benzos
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ssnhl/benzos/unknown
      My tinnitus changes very frequently, I have experienced all kinds of tinnitus.
      I have experienced low frequency pulsatile 10 years before that resolved with corticosteroids.
      Low frequency tinnitus is the most serious one easily, you may have to commit suicide with low frequency tinnitus.

5. dm222
      Fine

dm222 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2018/02/23
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      after cold and ear syringing 20-30% of volume 06/2018
      What is low frequency?

Like a waterfall? Or like a tyre leaking?
      Mine is like that most of the day and I findit easier than the wistle I had in the beginning and still do sometimes.

6. Gman
      No Mood

Gman Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxic earwax drops, worsened by MDs (Muppet Doctors)
      A bass like hum. Like anywhere from 20hz to 1khz, I suppose. What you describe are not low frequency sounds.

7. Jason37

Jason37 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Gunshot
      Advocating suicide so lightly on this forum is getting to be some serious Bull S@$&.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Hug Hug x 1
    8. Thissucks..jenn

Thissucks..jenn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 1-2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bunch of b.s from cosmetic injections
      Why would you advocate suicide for a low frequency? The high pitched ring or eee is bad, I had that heard it over everything, now it's a low hummm thing can't hear it over regular noises in quiet yes.