Tinnitus Reloaded

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by elgringo454, Mar 4, 2017.

1. elgringo454

elgringo454 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress
      I had my first stress related (one-sided) tinnitus in 2000 which started during my final exams at university. Like everybody else I went to see several ENTs, took all kind of drugs and supplements, did all kind of tests but at the end of the day nothing really helped.

My high pitched T stayed for around 7 years and until today I can't really remember how and when it disappeared....and I am not talking about habituation, it completely disappeared. Now, 10 years later after a year of severe stress at work (and maybe also due to taking some anti inflammatory) the little sucker suddenly showed up again. It's been 2 months now which have been terrible. T. again left sided mainly high pitched tone which changes slightly throughout the day. Same drill again, went to ENTs, did MRI, hearing tests etc. but so far no change.

Since I went through this horror show already once I now strongly believe that the best "cure" for T. is a balanced lifestyle. I started again with Yoga and meditation which really helps to relax and bring the noise down and I am quite hopeful that I will manage it a 2nd time.

I know it's said easily but you have to take your mind of the T. You will realise soon that the periods you are not hearing the T. will get longer and longer and maybe one day it will fade completely.

The reason I post here is really to give hope to everyone that T. can disappear even after several years.

I also have very bad days right now but knowing I managed it once already gives me a lot of hope that it will also go a 2nd time. Good luck to everyone and may the force be with you [emoji6]

• Like x 3
      • Optimistic x 2
      • Agree x 1
      • Helpful x 1
      • Winner x 1
    2. Asia88

Asia88 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Although I hate this "stress-induced" pretext, but I love this story. Benzos, zinc, acupuncture, sacral virgins' blood from Shmacupaluka Mountain... Sometimes it is really comforting to know that this may come out of nowhere and disappear as if nothing happened.

Got mine this way too.. Worried too much about moving to another country and leaving everything behind + chronic overtime at work. Hope to post a success story like this... And wish it for everyone here!

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      elgringo454

elgringo454 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress
      Funny thing is that mine actually disappeared right after moving to a new country. My mind was probably too busy to pay any attention to my T . anymore. I really tried all kind of doctors, supplements and drugs, acupuncture and chiropractor, massages and craniosacral therapy, yoga and meditation, etc etc....all good things to help you lower your stress and anxiety levels and also reducing the volume of your T (at least temporarily) but it won't switch off the T. I strongly believe that only when you are able to get your mind completely off the T you will have a chance for it to switch off. I know that is the difficult part [emoji4]. I now go through it the second time and I really hope I get over it much faster than last time. Maybe time to move again to another country [emoji6]