Tinnitus Seems to Be at Its Worst, Will It Go Back to Normal?

Discussion in 'Support' started by nospr, Aug 3, 2017.

1. nospr
      Musical

nospr Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music Maybe
      My Tinnitus started for the first time about 2 years ago. At first it was a horrible shock and I couldn't stop thinking about it. However about 2 weeks later it got to the point where I wouldn't notice it as much driving or at work and soon after I would only notice it if I had headphones on for music, or when I was about to go to sleep.

1 year later about it, I started to forget about it whatsoever. Between January and June I never really thought about it at all, except for answering yes to it being there if someone asked. I remember actively listening to low volume music/tv and being complete fine. Listening to music on headphone would be fine too and I remember getting into a lot of new music and being pretty content. I never went away but I never could hear it. I would struggle to even "hear" it when driving.

Now around July 6th, it came back very loudly. I can't remember if this is how loud it always has been. Now I can loudly hear it over every conversation, music, movie, and it's nearly impossible to sleep.

I don't want to use a mask because I want to completely forget about it this tinnitus again like I was able to before. I'm very worried and scared that somehow it's "louder" than before and I'll never have the moment like earlier this year where I only hear the sound in a very quiet room. Is it just temporarily louder or will it be loud forever? It's about a month now and I feel like I'm going insane.

2. Marlino
      Cowboy

Marlino Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      You have an interesting background.
      You seemed to have had it loud before, seemed perfectely habituated and suddenly dopped out of habituation.
      May I ask you some questions:

Is it only the loudness, which bothers you lately? Or has the sound changed?
      Have there been any possible psychological reasons for dehabituation lately?
      Was the loudness increase spontaneous?

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      nospr
      Musical

nospr Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music Maybe
      It's the volume that bothers me the most and the the fact that it's mostly in the left hear. As far as I remember it used to be balanced. Truthfully I have been a little anxious and worried about my job recently but this shouldn't be too major in changing my overall mood.

It seems that it just came back out of nowhere. I can't remember thinking this much about tinnitus any day between January and June. Now every day since then I can't stop thinking about it. The best I can do is put on music and distract myself. Other times I'm able to fully forget about it if I'm in a crowded mall/bar.

I just really hope I can habituate to this, I'm worried that somehow this is louder than before though.

• Hug Hug x 1