Tinnitus Since 08-09-2014

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by yvette, Nov 16, 2015.

1. yvette

yvette Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8-9-2014
      Hello. My name is yvette and I have tinnitus since 08-09-2014. I am from Holland so sorry if I write things wrong. I hope you all can understand me.

I have tinnitus Because of a car accident and the fact that I have an whiplash Because of the accident.

I am 20 years old now and the tinnitus started when I was Just a few months 19. The sound that I have is hard to discribe. But i'm happy it is only in my right ear. A little bit strange to say happy but I mean it.

Today I started my theraphy for it. I am back home for Just a hour now and was searching on YouTube to find the sound of my tinnitus but that is hard to found. And then I found the video that is from this site.

The first session of this theraphy was with more People and one instructeur gift is a lot of information wat tinnitus is and the thing they can do for you.
      Sad enough it can be 2 thing for me. Tinnitus or some thing in my ear that is wrong. How I can discribe it a little bit is that the sounds from the everything is not getting correct to my brain in my ear. I don't know the name anymore from this.
      But I hope the theraphy will help me.

How I live with it. I Just accept the noise, most nights I only sleep for 1 to 4 hours. But that is okay. Just moving forward as I said before I have a whiplash and that was in The begingin harder then this is. In The Day I try not to give any attencen to The tinnitus and do different things. Most of the Day I have music on or I put the tv on so there is an another noise.

But today they give me a tip so I can hopefully sleep better. More People with tinnitus sleeps better since they buyed a pillow speaker. So I going to give that a change.

I don't have more to say now. Thanks for reading my story and I hope all for you there will be one Day you Will be Free from tinnitus.

Yvette.

2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to TT, @yvette. I really like your positive tone in your story. Accepting T and moving on with life is a great strategy. It helps to eliminate the painful emotional resistance to T. This then signals to the brain that T is livable and not a threat. It is annoying but people can learn to live with it after some time with it. You are on the right path and you write words of wisdom here. Hope you will help support others with your positive approach. Once again, welcome.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      yvette

yvette Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8-9-2014
      Thanks for reading my story and that you say welcome to me for here.

I also hope I Will help People with my story and that the story's of Other People help me. It's great that there is a Place like this with more People Who have the samen thing and that everybody can understand eichother.

A positive mind is the best thing you can have in bad moments. I Learned in my sort years of live that it is better to see the positive things than the bad ones. It will help you to stay happy.

4. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      It is so true. I state this in my signature. Positivity will be the best thing for anybody and if life has to be lived one way or another, why not positive?

• Like Like x 1