Tinnitus Since 12/28/15. Seizures as a Cause?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Tom J, Feb 16, 2016.

1. Tom J

Tom J Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Pepcid, carafate medication reaction?
      I am new to this forum. I have recently developed tinnitus since the end of Dec last year. I have tried to identify the cause. My most recent theory is from frequent nocturnal seizures. These seizures are limited to tightening of my jaw and neck and facial muscles which compress the nerves and inner ear. I am considering starting anti seizure medication to see if by stopping the nocturnal seizures my tinnitus would resolve. Any thoughts on this matter ?Any one in a similar boat?

2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum. You can find many threads talking about TMJ and neck muscle issue, or even somatic tinnitus.

There are many causes of tinnitus including drug reaction, ear or Eustachian tube infection, ear drum injury, fluid build-up feeling pressured, TMJ, blood circulation, noise exposure or acoustic trauma, neck problems, hearing loss, Meniere's, barotrauma from flight, stress, anxiety & panic disorder, grief, etc....

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Tom J

Tom J Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Pepcid, carafate medication reaction?
      What is so difficult is that my tinnitus constantly changes. Somedays loud somedays so quiet I think it's going away. I still hope it will go away some day.