Tinnitus Since 1971

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Guest48293, Dec 17, 2015.

1. Guest48293

Guest48293 Guest

I have had T since Apr. 1971 while active duty in the Air Force. The only thing that has helped my T is Trans Derm Scopalomine patches. They reduce the volume and intensity of my T. I had 6 glorious months of silence. I have taken lots of antibiotics and the T is back but the patch really quiets it down a lot.

2. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:

Has your tinnitus remained pretty much the same over the past 40 years? It's always a little reassuring to me to talk to people who have had this for a long time and not had it just get worse and worse and worse :)

3. carlover
      English

carlover Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      wow ,hello Guest48293 thought I was long youve beat me im 29 years in,

First 6 weeks thought id go mad ,adapted and habituated till 5 years ago when something odd happened to my ears ear infection maybe ,its now allmost unbearable with bad ear pressure.

habituation is all about volume ,I will never hab. this time its a constant battle

4. James Brown
      Sporty

James Brown Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09-1998 2013(worst)2018 (T+H)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposition-noise trauma-siren
      I agreed with you. The volume you have /listen is the key. A high level volume it's really hard to cope.

• Agree Agree x 1
    5. OnceUponaTime
      Wishful

OnceUponaTime Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      How did you came about to trying this? It is not even for T. Did someone suggested you try it? Do you have to use them all the time? I am glad it helps you! :)

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Guest48293

Guest48293 Guest

An ENT Dr. prescribed the patch for me to deal with vertigo/nausea. Within an hour after putting on the patch I was like OMG! the T is getting softer! I don't wear them unless the T gets really loud. I still have T but for 6 glorious months I had total silence from it while using the patch.