Tinnitus Since 2012 But Just Found This Site

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by David Phaneuf, Sep 17, 2018.

1. David Phaneuf

David Phaneuf Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Viral
      Dave from San Diego

My brief history:
      Started after a trip to Indonesia and Tokyo. Arrived home with cold/flu and had one episode of vertigo. Have had tinnitus, high frequency 24/7 ever since. Mostly in left ear. In first year or so also felt light headed.

Have tried, ENT visits, Numerous antidepressants (mostly to sleep), acupuncture, cranial sacral, chiropractor, most of the advertised cures and nothing has changed the tinnitus. Still trying anything that looks like it might work and have participated in several clinical studies.

Focus primarily on meditation, CBT and trying to stay positive and it seems I have habituated to some extent although it is always present.

Joined so that I have another resource. Always willing to have a chat about tinnitus or other things as long as it is a positive dialogue.

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. robHing

robHing Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi... Welcome...
      Stay positive. You are on the right track.
      Please ask any questions if they are in your mind.

3. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @David Phaneuf ,
      It sounds like you had a touch of Labyrinthitus or Hydrops and left you with tinnitus from inner ear damadge.

A positive attitude is good and remember protect your ears from extra loud sounds from now on as your ears will be be more at risk now .

love glynis