Tinnitus Since Childhood

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Legdugs, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Legdugs

Legdugs Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I first mentioned the high pitch ringing during my teens to my parents. Not sure when it started because it feels like I always had bilateral high pitch ringing. The sound is like the hearing test sounds. No pulsating. My ears also hurt often even though nothing is wrong with them. I had tubes forear infections as a 3 year old. At 5 I had a life threatening infection on my left side from the mumps that required surgery to drain it & hospitalization. I have TMJ. Not sure if either event caused my tinnitus but want to make clear I have had it forever & it is not caused by loud noises or medication. I have only had relief for a few seconds then it returns.

About 8 years ago it became much louder in my left ear and I have minor hearing loss. Words sound garbled even though I can hear the noise. Tired of asking someone to repeat the words clearer.

Anything that can stop it.

• Hug Hug x 4
    2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum. Have you tried hearing aids for your hearing loss. Sometimes that can lower the ringing besides enhancing the hearing. You may want to try masking the tinnitus too if it gets too intrusive. Take good care. God bless.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Legdugs

Legdugs Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      My hearing loss is not enough to qualify for hearing aids yet from the VA.