Tinnitus Softer/Quiet After Jogging and After Drinking Gin. Anyone Else?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Gabrielle, Mar 30, 2015.

1. Gabrielle
      No Mood

Gabrielle Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown, maybe bad syringing
      Almost 11 month's since the onset of T.....

I'm beginning to find out that my tinnitus has (also) to do with my bloodstream/circulation:

After I have been playing tennis intensively or jogging for 1,5 hour, and also after I 've been drinking alcohol
      (gin ), the T turns down softer and even become quietl for hours and hours.

Every morning it's back again, but I am happy with the silence I can enjoy. Even I have to jogging and drinking and playing tennis for the rest of my life.. I don't care. It's so nice I can hear silence sometimes....

Does anyone recognize this or experience with it?

• Like Like x 3
    2. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      Wow...some drinks and tennis sounds like a nice way to cope with tinnitus! My T gets worse after tennis and drinking helps relax me but does nothing for the actual level of my tinnitus. I actually want to be on the court all summer but it really seems to spike my T so I try and keep it to a minimum (30 min per day or so).

3. MattK

MattK Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/13/2014
      Do spicy foods still help?

4. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      My tinnitus doesn't become silent after exercise, but it does get quieter. I have both tinnitus and pulsatile tinnitus, so I agree that there is probably a blood circulation connection with this phenomenon.

Gabrielle, I think it's great that you are able to have silence for a few hours after exercise and drinks. That's a pretty good way to deal with one's tinnitus!! I hope it continues like that. You'll be in great shape, and very relaxed!!

• Helpful Helpful x 1
      • Useful Useful x 1
    5. Methos1979
      Musical

Methos1979 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/1975
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Military
      Exercise (or anything the lowers the blood pressure) definitely helps me a little. Not sure about the gin. While I like martinis, I generally make them with vodka. I'll have to check next time!

6. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      hey Matt. Yes seems to help a bit. Maybe just clears things up and let's my ears breath easy, not sure. Have you tried it? I usually go for Vietnamese food, order a big bowl of spicy soup.

7. MattK

MattK Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/13/2014
      For some reason spicey food tends to make my ears feel congested. Not sure why. But it doesn't effect my T... But having my ears feel full of pressure drives me nuts too. So I don't eat it very often.

I'm glad it helps you, even if it's not much.

• Like Like x 1
    8. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Alcohol is GABAergenic, so it can have an inhibitory effect on tinnitus.

9. Carlos1

Carlos1 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Root Canal
      My T seems to quite down after few beers also just have to find a good balance cause T and a hangover really doesn't mix well least not for me.

10. I donĀ“t drink Gin but Whisky does the trick for me, softer T for sure. But like @Carlos1 say, T and hangover is bad for me as well.