Tinnitus Spike After Chiropractor

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Labosc, Nov 22, 2019.

1. Labosc

Labosc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Sept 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Hello,

So glad I found this message board. I have never had an ear problem or infection in my life. Three months ago started hearing low roar. Gone to ENT who I have Meniere's disease. I went on Prednisone and for a while it helped. Went back to the ENT a month later and it was the same.

Yesterday saw my Chiro for the second time, he does upper cervical spine. After I went home 2 hours later, I had a very large spike again in the evening and then about 3 am where it woke me up. I have never had that before. I am just wondering if anyone else has had that after chiro treatment. It feels like my fullness in the ear is gone and the tinnitus just got louder.

I have also done acupuncture which has helped, and never caused this problem.

2. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      Chiropractors are quacks that make make you feel good by cracking your spine but they have no friggen clue what they are doing and the premise of the entire practice is something called subluxation which is 100% wrong. They basically think they can balance your chi energy by cracking your back.

The guy that invented this said ghosts taught it to him.

3. Lilah
      Mellow

Lilah Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I went to NUCCA chiro for 7 months. I don't think the adjustments affected my tinnitus at all. My tinnitus is very somatic. Glad I tried it so I can check that off the list.

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. Labyrinthine
      Moonlighting

Labyrinthine Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music
      I had a similar situation in the past. Went to a chiropractor for my chronic neck issues and got a full body treatment (according to the chiropractor my entire body was misaligned, which was allegedly the cause of my neck problems). Unfortunately, it never helped. It did however give me a pretty severe tinnitus spike for weeks. It subsided eventually, though!

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Labosc

Labosc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Sept 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Thank you both for your reply looks like I will cancel going and just stick with my Acupunture.
      Can’t stand making t worse than it is with trying to help my neck out .

6. astaff14

astaff14 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Earwax/Botched Irrigation/Noise Trauma
      I’ve only ever had low back adjusted at the chiro which at best only made me feel better for a couple hours, I have however gotten new temporary rings from cracking my own neck (accidentally - I never do it on purpose anymore)

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Labosc

Labosc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Sept 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Adjustments years ago worked good for my back and neck but not so right now.
      Did go and do my cbd oil which took it down some after the high spikes.
      I am learning you just have to try and see what works for you and with this tinnitus I would try all I could for improvement.