Tinnitus Spike After Club, Lost Hope

Discussion in 'Support' started by Katy123, Jul 21, 2018.

1. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Katy123

Katy123 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure (stress/noise/operation
      Update: hyperacusis is basically gone, but tinnitus is still there and still extremely loud. Some days it has been better and some days when i am tired for example, it is so loud that i just wanna rip my ears off. I don’t know what to do anymore, im pretty sure it will stay that way and i cannot live like this for the rest of my life. :(

2. coffee_girl
      Innocent

coffee_girl Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      All my life, but got worse 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced / Concert
      I promise you that everything will be ok ...about a year ago a tire popped right by me and it sound was so loud it made my ears shriek. I was just like you, and thought the world was ending. It took my weeks and months of anguish but the sound does totally fade and now I am back to normal. Please dont lose hope, eventually it will all calm down. Pretend that this is just another phase of your T...it usually takes a year to go back to normal so give it a little time. And in the mean time...don't surround yourself with too much thought about it, time flies when you just focus on life and before you know it the sound will simmer down.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    3. TomPearson
      Transparent

TomPearson Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Hey Katy,

I think that you're getting worked up over this a bit too much, which is probably making your tinnitus louder.

You see, the fact you went there without ear protection probably did cause you hypercausis and the blocked ear feeling which in turn amplified your T due to less background noise getting through.

Now the H has gone your still focusing on the T because your worrying about it.

Try to relax and find something to distract you, and I am very confident it will settle down to it's baseline.

Just out of curiosity, when you first got tinnitus, was it loud and intrusive like it is now?

4. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      It has only been about a month since the beginning of your spike. You need to wait for a lot longer before you can worry about it being permanent. If it doesn't improve in another two months, it will be a bad sign, but even in that case recovery would still be possible.

• Like Like x 1
    5. dpdx
      Disappointed

dpdx Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Onset:09/23/2017 Worsened: 1/17/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma, worsened by caloric test/VEMP test 90db nhL
      Sadly you only get 1 try before you mess it up. Remember how I did the ear test VEMP (100-110db) for 2 minutes. I got 25db hearing loss and a permanent increase in T from 2/10 to 8/10 with hyperacusis. Also developed dark (Black) eye floaters and Mild Visual Snow. This is a lesson to not screw around, you only get so many chances.

• Hug Hug x 2
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Katy123

Katy123 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      My tinnitus is just getting worse everyday, its unbearable, altho i wear ear protection almost all the time. I have to go to work and live my life, unfortunately i cannot stay at home everyday and protect my ears from sounds. Idk what to do, im going crazy. Nothing can mask this, not even the masking sounds i used until now since the spike happened.

7. Contrast
      No Mood

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      Tinnitus and hyperacusis especially from acoustic trauma at a 100+db club guarantee some degree of hearing loss.

your hearing is damaged and you need to stay smart and protect it.

you have a sincere disability with bad T&H so I don't think you'd have trouble getting out of work.

8. Contrast
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      Get a predisone steroid it may not be to late, hurry!

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Katy123

Katy123 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      My doctor wont prescribe it for me.

10. Contrast
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      why not?

11. dpdx
      Disappointed

dpdx Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Onset:09/23/2017 Worsened: 1/17/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma, worsened by caloric test/VEMP test 90db nhL
      You have another acoustic trauma and this more hearing loss. Same thing happened with me I was exposed to the VEMP test for 2 minutes (110db), it caused my T to shoot up from 2 to a 8. This happened in January!

12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Katy123

Katy123 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      My tinnitus has gone only worse since the spike started. Since it is so loud, i can hear it even over loud sounds and i do not want to live anymore. In the time, i was not here, i tried to commit suicide twice, but both times woke up a day later and didnt tell anyone. I can’t live with this severe tinnitus anymore, it is impossible to mask. I am going to kill myself, cause i hate myself too much for going to that fucking club without protection. How can anyone be that stupid? And now i have to live with this torture 247. This is not life, this is pure hell and i wouldnt want this to anyone. :( I can’t do this anymore

13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Katy123

Katy123 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I was just thinking that is that karma? Have i really been such a bad person that i deserve all of this? I don’t think anyone deserves this kind of hell, what could i have done that bad i have no other options than to die.

14. Deamon22

Deamon22 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Head Trauma
      @Katy123 You need help, fast. Can you reach out to someone? Friends, family? Can you go to the ER? Please seek help, your T probably wont stay like this and in time it will calm down.

Did you have any other acoustic traumas since the beginning of your spike?

15. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Katy123

Katy123 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I flew, but i used the ear plugs the whole time. Maybe it made it worse :( i couldn’t cancel this too, i had to fly. I had a trip that i didnt pay for and i couldnt cancel this. When i was at the vacation, i couldnt even enjoy anything cause the tinnitus was so loud and i used earplugs almost all the time. Also some people were honking their horns when i was walking in the city one day, but as soon as i heard it, i plugged my ears. Unfortunately, i didnt have my earplugs in. Also, i have been wearing earplugs at work after this. So im not sure, maybe i have. Everyone around me are so loud all the time and wearing earplugs 247 makes me even more mad cause i can hear the tinnitus even more clearly and they make my ear canals hurt after a long time

16. Deamon22

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Head Trauma
      I also had a spike after flying, it‘ll take time but it will go down.
      Do you insert the foam ear plugs correctly? So that they don‘t stick out of your ears?

Was your T just getting worse after noise? Or did you noticed it also getting better if you weren‘t around loud noise?

17. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Katy123

Katy123 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      It doesnt matter anymore, i should have killed myself 2 months ago already..

18. Deamon22

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Head Trauma
      Can you reach out to family or friends for help?

19. john paul
      English

john paul Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/11/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      You're not to blame for your Tinnitus, you dont deserve to have this condition, no one does. It does seem unfair and it does feel like life is not worth living when your being punished with this hell, but its not a personal attack against you. I think you should stop using earplugs in everyday life, all the places you never used to wear them that is. In my small amount of experience it really, really just does not help to over protect. My Tinnitus also got worse before it got better and it took many many months to start improving.

Im fine most of the time now but id bet good money on my condition deteriorating rapidly if i started wearing earplugs all day long.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2018
    20. Rinz

Rinz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud music
      Katy… I am very sorry that you are feeling this way right now.. but most of us have experience that over time the T will get less even its very bad now.. If you have suicidal thoughts, please seek help as soon as possible for them and let your friends and family know how you are feeling. Life is worth living (even with T). This forum is filled with many people facing the same problem as you are now and we do understand you. What most of us are saying is that it will calm down and/or you will get used to it over time (even new spikes). Please do not blame yourself, you don’t deserve this, nobody does, but we have to deal with it. I know this feeling very well, I went to a club in 2013 (even though I wore plugs) and my T also spiked a lot.. I blamed myself for that too.. but you know what.. after a relatively long time.. the T settled, and I could go on.. its super rough for you now, believe me I know the despair and frustration and anxiety.. but it will get better… wish you all the strength and best… Rinz

• Like Like x 1
    21. Smartone202

Smartone202 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Very low since2004/Went haywire in 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise in 04/Wedding dance floor and flying(?) in 18
      No offense whatsoever here, but even though Tinnitus can absolutely fade back down even after many months, do you really think its fair to be saying "the sound does totally fade" and "Eventually it will all calm down"?

As far as the OP goes, you have my sympathy. Very similar story. I had my T fade to a point of where it was an afterthought for over TEN YEARS. Had to listen for it specifically. Not a worry anymore. Few spikes here and there but was never a struggle. Then on July 15th at a wedding I stayed on a CRAZY loud dance floor for about an hour straight and ever since then I have had the worst and longest spike ever which brought me to these forums. Hoping and praying it will eventually subside but the thought of it not is starting to depress me.

But if I were you, I'd seek help. Family and friends. Asap.

22. Rinz

Rinz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud music
      I'm a bit worried >< hope Katy is fine.. she didn't log in since Sunday..

23. Wolfears

Wolfears Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Jan 20/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely accoustic trauma
      Considering she already admitted to 2 failed attempts, it does not look good.

Most suicides cannot be confirmed since the poster just stops posting... unfortunately.

24. Far
      Worried

Far Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Exposure
      Katy I am really worried. If you are there please reply.

25. PeteJ
      Aggressive

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      This is a sad thread. I understand her. It is horrible when tinnitus worsens and it gets loud. Her hyperacusis improved and went away? I hope she contacts someone here.