Tinnitus Spike

Discussion in 'Support' started by dah5235, Jun 1, 2016.

1. dah5235

dah5235 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Probably birth honestly
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Two sets of tubes as a baby, concert possibly
      So, I've had tinnitus as long as I can remember. I had two sets of tubes in my ears as a baby. My tinnitus spikes sometimes with colds, randomly and loud events. I try to be careful for the most part. I went to some music festivals this year and didn't wear ear protection for a few days. My tinnitus is definitely louder after the last festival. I do recall my tinnitus getting worse at times for weeks even and it getting better after a while. I was wondering if anyone has any advice or experience with this. Could it maybe get better?

Sometimes I don't even hear it, but other times it's loud. I know I am "listening" for it a lot of the time because it stresses me out.

Thanks. Wish everyone the best

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Welcome to Tinnitus Talk .

It sounds like your ears are reacting to the loud music event you went to see.
      Time is a great healer and only time will tell if it settles back to your base sound your use to.
      Try not to stress over it as that will feed your tinnitus also.
      Try do what you can not to listen to your sound or keep checking to see if it's still their and try think further a field like maybe in a few weeks it will get easier .....lots of love glynis

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      dah5235

dah5235 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Probably birth honestly
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Two sets of tubes as a baby, concert possibly
      Hi Glynis,

Thanks for the help. I am working on reducing stress and trying not to think about it or let it affect my life. Hopefully, it will get better and I will do better managing the tinnitus.

Thanks again,

Doug