Tinnitus Spike

Discussion in 'Support' started by stefanburt, Jan 28, 2018.

1. stefanburt

stefanburt Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      Hello new to the forum!

Need some advice, I've had T in the past and it's settled to the point it didn't bother me anymore.

Over Xmas I went to a club and wore earplugs for an on, I did have an increase but it went in 24 hours.

About 2 weeks later I started to get pain in my ear and I had an increase of tinnitus.

I went to the GP and they told me I had an infection and it should pass.

It didn't and so went to see anything doctor who then told me I had water on my middle ear.

I've been taking a steroid spray to try to get rid of it but the tinnitus is quite bad.

I'm having to pop my ears all the time like I'm on a plane and I have a slight bit of fluid in my ears each day.

Everyone has told me it will pass once the water drain but I'm still worried. How long should it take before it improves?

Thanks
      Stefan

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Try steam inhalation and try sudefed to clear your tubes.
      Love glynis

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      stefanburt

stefanburt Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      Hi Glynis,

Thanks for the reply I'm still suffering with tinnitus I've been taking Sudafed in the past couple of days and it's bringing the pitch of the tinnitus down a bit. In the past couple of weeks I've been continuely popping my ears and using melatonin to sleep. If the Sudafed helped is this an indicator that it's just an infection and it will go at somepoint?

I've been to hell and back in the past couple of weeks would love it to go as it's been really tough.

Thank you for any advice offered!